“Hidden Jewel”

Altamonte Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay! The rooms were newly renovated and the pool is beautiful. Everything was so easy to find from our location the we had an extra day to explore the area. I recommend this hotel for the excellent value, I was not expecting the quality of this hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank orlandolender

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just stayed here for 2 nights and I have to say the staff could not have been more helpful and caring; I'm talking from the owner to the folks that clean the rooms. If you're checking in here and thinking you are going to get luxury accommodations then this would not be a hotel for you. It is an older hotel and my room was a bit rough however I had a very comfy new king sized bed and wonderful pillows and was able to get a good nights sleep. So, if a good nights rest and world class service is important to you then I would highly recommend this hotel. You get complimentary buffet breakfast and can stop by the Why Not Bar for a complimentary cocktail or take a swim in their gorgeous swimming pool that is complete with its' own water falls. I want to give a shout out to Devin, Peter, Doreen, and Giovanni for taking such great care of me during my stay. Thank you all so very much!

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been updated
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here from June 15-June 20. What a dump. First room we were given smelled like mildew, air conditioning unit was so loud, and the phone didn't work. Moved to a different room, same result, except the phone worked. Carpets dirty, bathroom needs paint job, closet door broken, and electrical outlet by the sink not even stable in the wall. Breakfast=awful and area at the restaurant end of the pool smelled like sewage. Third night we were there, we came back late and our key wouldn't work in the outside door. Thankfully someone let us in. Had to go to the front desk to get new keys. Pictures make it look wonderful. Pool furniture dirty and old. Towels so rough they almost hurt to use after a shower. Toilet overflowed one afternoon. Pool party Saturday afternoon was so loud with terrible music that we had to leave.

Room Tip: Read the reviews...don't go by pictures. There are no good rooms at this location.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've stayed at the hotel many times, and I have to say that it has improved in the last several years. It's an older property but believe me it has really benefited in the last few years from the renovations since it was a Holiday Inn. The service has always been great, which is why i've been coming here for so many years, usually during the weekend when the comedy show happens. Granted, there have been ups and downs, but it's definitely better than before, and certainly better than most of the other options in town in this price range.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Carpets needed to be cleaned. Fridge was rusted on the inside. The management needs to inspect the rooms. My father-n-law stayed in the room next to us and there was a hole punched in his wall with a crappy patch job. This is unacceptable. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank xaMryaN
Reviewed June 3, 2012

To start, we were in town for our Children's Sports Events and stayed because we had been here before about 6 months ago and the stay was wonderful. NOW, THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTING AND DISPICABLE AND THAT IS BEING NICE! Pool, Green, Brownish Colored Slime Floating in Pool, Stuck on some Children, Actually had the audacity to open back up for people to swim after closing for a couple hours. I guess because allot of us wanted to check out, the almighty dollar was more important than children's health and safety. The aroma by the pool is like standing in the center of a cow pasture, but the cow pasture smells better. Breakfast, another story, so wonderful we left our plates and went to Denny's. It wasn’t even good, free. Cook Out---My impression is outside, grill, and fun--Your impression is in the Dining Room, Run Out of Food and Poor Quality at that. Rooms, not crisp, but they use to be, towels and sheets dingy, not nice and white, dusty, things in the room all over the place and amenities in the room cut way back from what was there before. Service--where, it is completely missing! Staff very sad looking, no smiling, no good times. Oh, coffee in the lobby, disappeared, guess that was too much to give to us to? You want revenue but from what we see you do not provide nothing, wow, what a value, there is none.

I spoke to some of the staff to see what is happening and here are my sad, sad findings:
General Manager, Bob, who cared is gone.
We enjoyed our job and coming to work but now we hate it.
New General Manager is rude, doesn't care, very disrespectful but that is what the owners want because they are the same way.
We don't matter and from things they do, the customers don't matter either.
It is hurry, hurry, get off the clock. Not about doing anything right.
We don't have anyone to talk to, could talk to Bob, he cared, but they don't or he would be here.
We are going down fast.

With this being said, not that you seem to care, but, we as a group will not be back. We asked to speak to the General Manager, told he has left for the day, ask to speak to the owners, sorry they are gone. Of course, the responsible people for this disgusting mess were not there or at least that is what we were told or they were told to tell us.

Very, Very Sad!!

By the way Mary from Ft. Pierce, you must have stayed at some other hotel, I can assure you it wasn't here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Darcie P
HJPOrlando, General Manager at Altamonte Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your review; our team works very hard to ensure each guest enjoys their stay, and i'm sad to find out that we failed to provide you with the great service you deserve. I'm not sure why employee information would be made public, but I can assure you that I have been managing the hotel since the beginning of last year responding to all of the reviews here while doing my best to ensure our team remains happy and helpful. As for our cookout and pool issues, it was all related to the weather that passed through as well as forecasts for rain the day of the cookout. The comfort and safety of our guests were the reason we had to make last minute changes to our cookout and temporarily close our pool. As for the quality of the food during breakfast as well as the cookout, I wish you could have let me know, as I was there setting up the buffet and would have done everything possible to ensure it was great, even though it was complimentary. The amenities in the room have not changed, quite honestly we've actually increased the amenities as per Brand Standards, but if anything was missing, we would have gladly replenished them if given the opportunity. As a guest, you should never hesitate to ask our staff, especially me, to make your stay great, we're all here for you!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place looks great on the web, BUT, beware...that must have been taken when the hotel was newly built or renovated! It's nothing, NOTHING, like that now! Light in room would just shut off; when I called the front desk they told me to try it again. Hotel worker opened my door and asked what I was doing in that room; told him that's the one I was assigned...said it was suppose to be vacant. Gap under door large enough for mosquitoes to get in room. Drapes, couch and carpet were filthy; the cracks in the caulking was cracked and the wall had patches on top of patches. Pool was closed because the water was green and full of algae and the standing water behind the waterfall stunk. The only reason I did not leave is because I was with a group and we all couldn't leave. I did have fresh clean sheets to sleep on.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank DevilsHorse

Thank you for your review. Our photos were taken within the last year and should give everyone an accurate view of our property, however your experience speaks otherwise, and I am truly sorry. I wish I had more information to go on as to which room this was, but I will do my best to find out which room is in such a poor state and ensure that the problems you speak of are corrected before we use it again. Please accept my deepest apology, as our team works very hard to keep every room clean and comfortable.