“Friendliest, most hard-working staff I've seen. Beautiful Pool.”

Altamonte Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our room & facility were clean and well-maintained. Being right off the pool we enjoyed hearing the waterfall. The large pool was sparkling clean and perfect for swimming laps. Each and every staff person was friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was bountiful & fresh and the staff attentive. The workout room was disappointing but hotel guests may use the nearby Gold's Gym.

We would return to this hotel. Excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HJPOrlando, General Manager at Altamonte Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

We appreciate your comments, our team works very hard to serve each and every guest and your review helps prove it. Thank you!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had stayed at this property in April when it was still Magnuson Grand Hotel, not Howard Jonhson yet and I have to say that I went back to it in July because we had enjoyed our stay so much I just had to make my husband get to know that "wonderful hotel" I couldn't stop talking about....What a let down!...Front desk staff is the same, therefore still helpful and overall very polite. But that's all.
Breakfast area is always messy, you have to order juice instead of just helping yourself to it as it used to be. Another small thing that piles up to a big mess is the fact that there's no rubbish bin next to the coffee machine and Thermos....
On our second night there we had the visit of a roach in our room, right above the bed.... I talked to the front desk about it and she told me it would be taken care of....By the end of the day the room actually looked cleaner, but the roach was still there! They hadn't cleaned the specific spot I had complained about!
I guess changes aren't always good, this is an example of that, I do not intend to stay there again despite the front desk staff who are extremely helpful and courteous. It's actually a pity, it was my son's favourite in Orlando....But we can find better in the same price range now.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sandragab

We truly regret that your stay was so different than all your previous stays. During the transition from Magnuson Grand Hotel to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel, we began making changes to improve overall guest satisfaction. Since your last stay, we have completed the retraining of our staff and put in the procedures necessary to make every stay comfortable. There is no excuse for our failure to serve you, I would like to invite you to stay with us again at my personal expense to show you that your last stay was not typical and we can and will do better.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit concerned. I need not be. We only stayed one night for the convenience of the airport and being far away in the Keys for the last week. On arrival we got a choice of where we would like to be, picking ground overlooking pool. Room was very large, yes it smelt a small bit, people have obviously not been following the nonsmoking policy. Room was spotless, and trust me I'm fussy. The pool area was lovely, be better if heated tho. Free b/fast was great. Reception let us keep our room till 2 as we had late flight, no charge, no hassle. Would Def stay again. Keep up the good work guys, u should b proud

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank shaza38
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed with a tournament so there were a lot of people staying those days. They sould have been prepared being that they were the "Host Hotel" . They did not have extra pillows, or towels, they wanted to charge $1 a coffee for the room (which is ridiculous). Also the pool was dirty, had no chlorine, the a/c did not work properly in the room, the a/c in all the common areas (hallways, elevators, etc.) were all off so it was extremely hot and muggy everywhere inthe hotel. There was a burn hole on the bed cover, and to top it all off there was a huge roach crawling around in our room on our last day there. It was disgusting and will NEVER stay there again. When we told the front desk about our experience as we were checking out all they said was "sorry to here that" and went on with what they were doing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mayteed
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My wife, our two kids, and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay during the Wednesday before the July 4th holiday to the Wednesday after. Great facility. Outstanding housekeeping crew. Friendly front desk persons. Fabulous breakfast. Can't say enough about the place. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get poolside. Great to wake-up to that waterfall!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DHarms01
bhavin1, Front Office Manager at Altamonte Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments.

I have posted your review on our employee boards and we are grateful for your business.

We look forward to seeing you again at the hotel.

Many thanks,

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I have never taken the time to write a review but this hotel deserves one. The hotel was clean and nicely appointed, my room was clean with nice furniture, fresh comfortable bed and pillows, the front desk staff were friendly and professional, and my stay was wonderful. I was traveling alone, and had concerns but felt safe at this hotel (card key access to the building). The pool was clean, and the waterfall feature relaxing. The hotel is located right off 436, a straight shot up the highway from the airport and adjacent to route 4. I plan several trips to Orlando in the next several months, and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank roxie2116

Thank you for your kind comments.

Thank you for noticing the changes that have been made to our hotel.

We now have entry doors all around the hotel meaning that you have to have a room key card to be able to access the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Well, We had to change rooms 3 times! Due to items being broken and the smells! Also, in the lobby at night their is a bar/nightclub. We came because our daughters had a softball tournnment. We thought it would be a friendly hotel. We got up in the middle of the night to go to the vending machine for a drink and their was a drunk person passed out infront of our room!! apparently the door to get into b-fast was broken which led to all of the rooms! So, at night all you heard were people yelling and screaming!! It was terrible!!! I was very dissapointed!

Room Tip: Do not Stay here if your looking for a good hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at our hotel.

The weekend that you were here, the hotel was sold out and although 99% off our guests had a wonderful stay I cannot emphasize how sorry I am about your experience during that weekend.

I promise you this is NOT a typical stay at our hotel, and would love to see you back here to give us a second chance.

Please contact me directly to arrange this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#6 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
#9 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1040 Greenwood Blvd
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Altamonte Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!