“Very comfortable”

Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Service personnel were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast selections were fine. Location is near many restaurants , shops and Costco. Hotel is spread out so you either have to drive or walk for manager social or breakfast, which can be bothersome if it rains.

• Stayed: February 2014
Monica S, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I am delighted that Lilly was helpful, she is one of our treasures :-) We do have a great location and we strive to make you feel as thought this is your "Home Away from Home"! Come back and see us soon!!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We travel to Orlando regularly to visit our kids and normally stay at the Spring Hill Suites just down the block of the Residence Inn. For this trip, the Spring Hill Suites was booked so we stayed at the Residence Inn.

The room itself was fine but we had trouble opening our door and had to hit it like a football player hitting a tackling dummy to get it open. Of course, we could have changed rooms but for two nights and already unpacked, didn't bother.

We were in a ground floor room and I will never do that again if I stay here. The person or persons upstairs (all units are two-story buildings) had a passion for pacing the floor with hard footsteps starting at 5:30 in the morning!!!

While the hotel does provide the standard "free" breakfast, there is a Waffle House ten steps from the hotel and that sort of makes it worthwhile!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jeff I, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your comment . I am sorry that your room was not what you expected. We are following up on your comment to make improvements for you and other guests in the future .

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed at this property during new year. We had booked a penthouse suite with two bathrooms. When got in shower, I found that it was not functional. It may have been out of commission for sometime. Complaint to the office and they said someone will fix it. And it was not fixed. Other than this incidence, stay was ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Om B,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Altamonte Springs for your accommodations while visiting Orlando over the New Year. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I know it can be a bit frustrating when something as simple as a shower is out of commission. I can assure you, our goal is that every guest leaves satisfied and that we exceed all guest expectations. Hopefully during your stay you were able to take in some of the great amenities offered like our complimentary hot breakfast, or enjoy our heated pool for some relaxation. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future and ensure a stay at our Residence inn will be a great one!

Sergio Silva
Manager

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Cons:
We checked into this hotel on December 26th to learn that the hotel had overbooked the room type that I reserved 7 months earlier. Actually one agent told us they overbooked and another told us that existing guests stayed on. Judging by the large number of youth groups occupying the type of suite that we booked 7 months earlier – I have a feeling the first agent was they honest one.

My family had to be split up into two other room types for the first few nights. When checking in we were told that we could move into our larger suite type after a few nights. I went to the front desk on the morning that we were told we could move and they identified a room. I told the desk we would be out for the afternoon and into the early evening and she said that she would call housekeeping and get them to clean the new room so we could move into it before we left for the day. We went back and packed up our two rooms. I called the front desk about a ½ hour before we were to leave (and about 2 hours after the initial conversation) only to learn the guests in the room they identified had not actually checked out and the room would not be ready before we left. They would call us when the room was ready. We received a call a couple of hours later, but of course we were out. Just like I said we would be. In fact as they day went on we received additional calls about when we would expect to change rooms. Repeating that we would be back in the early evening I agreed to call back ½ prior to our return. When I did so the desk agents must have changed shifts because the new one told me that we were returning too late and that we would have to wait until the next day to change rooms. (Keep in mind everything as already packed up in the room) Needless to say I was livid and reminded the agent that this was all a result of their overbooking and I indicated we would be out (we actually came back and hour earlier than anticipated) and she did agree to move us when we returned. Unfortunately when we returned to our original room to move our things – we had been locked out. Between re-coding keys and waiting for someone to let us back in the room (while waiting outside in the rain) we were able to get back in the room and move our things.

I only give this review two stars because once moved into the room we originally booked every thing was fine. Everything prior to that point was the worst hotel debacle that I’ve had in 25+ years of traveling .

The staff at the front desk were all nice, but tended to over promise when they could not deliver and clearly do not communicate effectively with each other.

The only other con was that the quality of some of the furnishings were very basic to poor. The closet doors kept falling off and drawers of dressers and night stands would come apart. I think the property could really use a refurb. But the rates are lower than most of the other Residence Inns in the area so I expect the condition issues are reflected there.

Pros:
Despite the number of youth groups and full house, the breakfast staff was able to keep everything pretty well stocked and orderly in the morning. That must have kept them on their toes.

We often stay at Residence Inns because they accept our dog that often travels with us. They are usually very accommodating tin this and that is not easy to find. The experience that I had at this Residence Inn is not consistent with the experience I have at most Residence Inns so I am sure that I would say at another one, just not this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I only spent one night here, but wish it could have been more. I had a GREAT room! Large bathroom/dressing area, wonderful bed, nice kitchen, and...a FIREPLACE! Breakfast was pretty good, very busy, but this is Orlando and it was Saturday morning. It is not in the heart of Orlando, but it is easy to get around and conveniently located. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Not my favorite chain... felt like I was in a renovated old apartment complex. We were there for a college soccer showcase and this setup is not for groups who travel together and eat together. not in the best area of town.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We drove to Central Florida from Ohio to visit a very sick relative and decided to stay in town for two weeks. And we had a small dog to take with us . The Residence Inn was close by, and was one of the best hotels that we found online using Trip Advisor. For us, the kitchenette was a real big plus.

Very accommodating staff , standard breakfast and reception in the evening. Swimming pool and basketball court, but no workout facility. I think with some creative imagination, staff could establish one on site.

Good Indian restaurant close by, and also a Perkins and First Watch for breakfast . Chipotle very near.

For the price, great value .( $75 fee for dogs.)

Stayed: December 2013