Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Palm Coast, Florida
“Orlando Stay”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staff was very friendly, hot breakfast at no charge. Rooms clean and nice size with full kitchen.Located just East of Orlando. We attended a conferance at the Amway center. It was a short drive in spite of the Orlando traffic. Hotel just off i4. I will stay again if I am in Orlando downtown or East side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank You very much for staying with us and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Dan Rutan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Way exceeded my expectations! I too used Marriott Rewards and was treated like a valued guest by every associate I came into contact with - from minute one. The property has an assortment of amenities - full complementary beakfast every day; evening social hour Mondays - Thursdays; pool, basketball court, BBQ Pinic site; and FREE convenient parking. I would not hesitate to recommend this property to others, especially those planning a family trip; and I would deffinitey choose it again.KUDOS!

Room Tip: Family Trip go for the two-bedroom two-bath unit; like Room 1224, with upstairs 2nd beroom loft area...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank You so much for your great comments and for staying with us. I am the New General Manager for this hotel, having started on February 4th and I am very excited to build upon the great experience that you had. Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit with us.

General manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at dozens of Residence Inns and never had even close to a bad experience. I used marriot Rewards points so maybe they stuck me in a bad room. If this was not enough they had an entire baseball team there for a tournament and breakfast was impossible. 127 room hotel and 200 square feet to feed at least 200 people. My room smelled like mold, one TV did not work,the entrance to the room had mildew on the porch,and only a few channels on TV. Back to Hampton Inn from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments. My name is Dan and I am the very new General Manager for this hotel. My first day was February 4th and I can assure you that the team and I have acted quickly to address and resolve your concerns about the property. I also want to assure you that our Marriott Reward guests are very special to us and your happines is of great importance to us.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed for 2-nights in July and have no regrets about choosing this hotel! Although we did not wake up early enough to enjoy the breakfast, nor did we use the pool or sport court, we VERY much enjoyed our studio! The kitchen was very well stocked with plates, glasses, silverware, etc. and all appliances worked perfectly! We liked how the property was layed out, however, we were a one-time victim of a ding-dong-ditch. I'm not sure I saw any security patrolling the property. All the staff we encountered was pleasent. We would happily come back if we plan to be in the area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place is badly in need of a massive overhaul or complete destruction. The property is obviously an old apartment complex that has been turned into a hotel. The buildings consist of four or eight suites each that are all real far away from the lobby. There is no elevator so keep that in mind if you get a room on the second floor. You will need to lug your suitcases up the stairs. I have been upgraded to a two bedroom suite which is on the second floor and consists of a one bedroom downstairs with a loft area and second bathroom. Way more space than a single traveler needs for a week of business. The neighborhood is a very mixed area with interesting characters milling about. I did not feel overly safe given the exterior entrances and huge gap between the bottom of my door and outside.

The furnishings in the suites are ok but a bit dated. The bed was pretty flimsy and the sheets thin. The kitchen was nice and I'm sure would be handy for an extended stay. The breakfast started at 6:30 which is a bit late for a hotel catering to business folks. Start at 6!

I had a hard time finding anything of value or positive to say about this place. The SpringHill next door is so much better. The Hampton Inn across the street is rebuilding from the ground up and I recommend the Residence Inn take some notes.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor and close to the gatehouse.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank us1087
Cyndy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
My name is Cyndy Peters. I am the General Manager of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Orlando/Altamonte Springs.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and offering me an opportunity to respond to your questions and concerns in this forum.
Although our hotel was just renovated in 2011 it is a generation one Residence Inn, which is the first prototype Marriott built. Most people find the apartment style layout inviting and private. I am sorry this was not to your liking.
I am also happy we were able to show our Appreciation to you as a loyal Marriott Rewards Member by upgrading you at no charge to our largest bi level suite. We should have advised you upon check in all of those suites are all located on the second floor and given you an opportunity to stay in the smaller suite on the first floor. I will certainly use this example in our next Front Desk training huddle.
Thank you for staying with us. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Cyndy Peters
jacksonville florida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the Thanksgiving 4 day holiday. We wanted to visit Winter Park and this hotel was only 5 miles away. The rate was great compared to the rate at the Park Plaza in Winter Park. We stayed in the Penthouse which is really a 1BR with a loft upstairs. Our room had a wood-burning fireplace which we used one time. Although the hotel appears to be older the room had been updated and we were completely satisfied. The hotel serves breakfast but we didn't find it appealing so we went to the Waffle House which is conveniently located next door.

Room Tip: If you need extra room choose the Penthouse.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skeeterflorida
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This one is one of the original style built of wood in the 1980s. It has been redone over the years and fairly recently, maybe last year. They made a mistake though by not replacing the funky wood trim on the smaller windows. It looks cheap. But everything else is pretty good and if you walk
up the street from the back entrance ,there is an excellent breakfast place called the FirstWatch cafe. Really good,fresh. I would stay here again if I was paying less than 80 which I am.
I paid 72 offseason. Its worth that for sure.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business