“Reasonable and good location”

Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
jacksonville florida
“Reasonable and good location”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the Thanksgiving 4 day holiday. We wanted to visit Winter Park and this hotel was only 5 miles away. The rate was great compared to the rate at the Park Plaza in Winter Park. We stayed in the Penthouse which is really a 1BR with a loft upstairs. Our room had a wood-burning fireplace which we used one time. Although the hotel appears to be older the room had been updated and we were completely satisfied. The hotel serves breakfast but we didn't find it appealing so we went to the Waffle House which is conveniently located next door.

Room Tip: If you need extra room choose the Penthouse.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skeeterflorida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This one is one of the original style built of wood in the 1980s. It has been redone over the years and fairly recently, maybe last year. They made a mistake though by not replacing the funky wood trim on the smaller windows. It looks cheap. But everything else is pretty good and if you walk
up the street from the back entrance ,there is an excellent breakfast place called the FirstWatch cafe. Really good,fresh. I would stay here again if I was paying less than 80 which I am.
I paid 72 offseason. Its worth that for sure.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank joe p
Cheverly,MD,USA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful. We had a few issues when we checked in but they were resolved within 1 hour. Very accomodating to my father who is in a wheelchair.

Tasty breakfast and nicely appointed room for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Were treated like kings and queens. Want ro send a shout out to Cyndy, Patricia, Estella, Lily, Maria, Venessa and Linda. The hospitality was fantastic the stay relaxing and the employees were simply professional. Our hats are off and it superbly managed . Thanks

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ckokkeler
Jupiter
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I went with my partner to North Orlando for a test she was taking, We checked in Friday afternoon, and the staff was very pleasant, I have stayed at residence inns before, I liked this hotel, clean, neat, everything worked in the room, it sits back off the main street, we felt safe, there were, a couple of reasturant in walking distance, we drove to the Olive Garden around the corner as Longhorn was on a long wait, I was able to watch TV upstairs and she could study downstairs in the large bedrooom, it had french doors that she could close to be quite, I wish this one was closer to Disney, it would be a 30 minute ride on I-4 to go there, which by the way I-4 was a parking lot on Friday afternoon, We ate the breakfast in the morning, good selections and was all hot and fresh, I took it back the the room for the both of us to eat at the counter in the kitchen, I have stayed at the residence in at sea world and it was not as nice as this one, in terms of use, the one at Sea World is a little run down, by the way they also gave me a free upgrade since I am a marriot rewards menber.

Room Tip: we stayed in the back building 300
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I loved this hotel. Very clean, wonderful rooms, excellent service. When I come back to Orlando, I will definitely stay here. Besides, it was very well located, very close to the Altamonte mall, the I-4 and plenty of other businesses. About 20 mins from Universal Studios.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anabel1701
Cyndy P, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Anabel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about your great experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Cyndy Peters
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was our fifth visit to the Res Inn at Altamonte Springs. What I appreciate most is the continuity of the staff, some of which have been there since my first visit in 2004. They are responsive, warm and professional, making our family feel like we were at our home away from home. Our kids (with no prompting from my wife and I) made thank you cards for the staff.

The only real thing I would improve is the bandwidth of the free WiFi through the complex, but if you're not going to be online much, you won't even notice.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the front of the property are of course closer to the pool and lobby area where the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family