“The staff at this hotel puts them ahead of the rest”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Scarborough, Maine
“The staff at this hotel puts them ahead of the rest”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We were in Florida for a wedding. The rooms and bed were good. They passed the pillow test, TV, noise, and fridge test easily. The shower was excellant with two shower heads. Wifi was strong, much better than the high end Sheraton we stayed at later in the trip, which would connect laptops fine, but not the Iphone. The Iphone was happy at this hotel. Staff makes you feel like you're staying with friends. Breakfast bar was good, eggs and sausage, cereal, yogurt, etc., NOT some elderly sticky bun in a plastic wrapper. Definately stay with these folks again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I was scheduled to be in the area for business purposes. I arrived later in the evening (on a Saturday night) and the front desk staff was very cheerful and helpful. Check in was quick and flawless and I was given the room that I was promised online. I reserved a King Size room and was given exactly what the photos showed on the main Marriot page. This room was VERY CLEAN - I am OCD when it comes to cleanliness. I honestly couldnt find anything dirty about the room. I had a flat panel television that touted a clean remote (and it was), but the cable was very fuzzy on most of the local channels. I didnt complain since I was staying in the room primarily to work and sleep. The bed was very comfy and easy to fall asleep in and the hotel was quiet (not a lot of noise coming from the hallway or adjacent rooms). There didnt seem to be much offered for breakfast at the hotel so I walked to Perkins, which is right next to the hotel.

I marked the hotel down on cleanliness for the following reasons: I decided to stay one night longer than my reservation and had to change rooms. I understood and had no problem with changing rooms. However, the room that I moved to was not at all as clean as the first room I was in. The coffee mugs were dirty, with cream, sugar, and coffee residue in them, plus there were mouth stains on the mugs which proves - as if I had a doubt - that the mugs were definitely used. The coffee pot was rinsed but not washed and the filter chamber looked as if the filter was pulled out but not rinsed or cleaned. There were not any glasses on the vanity sink (there were two clean and sanitarily wrapped glasses in the first room). The sink/vanity area was not as clean as the previous room. The toilet was not cleaned from the previous guest. There were areas in the room that you could clearly see were not vacuumed.

A friend accompanied me on this trip and used the pool, spa, and fitness areas. I was told that the fitness area was "ok". The fitness area is right next to a guest room and my guest was concerned that the treadmill was too loud for those guests in that room and decided to use the bike. The fitness center offers a treadmill, bike, stairmaster, and a small weight system. The pool/jacuzzi was loaded with chlorine - the air alone was enough to burn your eyes. My guest took an immediate shower upon return to the room because the chlorine was so heavy. Although my guest took a shower their skin was itchy all night long and eyes were very sensitive.

There is plenty to offer in the area and the hotel for dinner at all price levels. Try the Elephant Bar and/or Seasons 52 - both are near Altamonte Mall which is about a mile down the road.There is also a Jason's Deli, 5 Guys, Moe's, TGI Fridays, Starbucks, etc all within a mile or two. The hotel was easy to find and has immediate access to I-4.

I do travel to this area frequently and would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Stayed here for one night, on December 29th. Used my Marriott Rewards points to pay for the room. What a waste of my points !!!

I arrived late in the evening and it was very cold out that night. They lock the front door and you have to wait for someone to come and open for you. This was not very welcoming.

The room was very small and cramped. The furniture is older and out dated. The suites only have one television and they are the old tube variety. The fixtures look worn and abused and so did the fabric on the sofa. The bathroom was dirty with previous guests hairs all over the place.

This was a terrible choice and I regret every staying here. The hotel is in a convenient location just off I-4. It does serve a decent free breakfast and there is plenty of free parking. There are lots of food options in the area at all price points. There is also shopping around as well. It is also close to a major mall and movie theater.

The bedding was very comfortable and the sheets and fittings were of good quality. The bedding was clean and well presented.

The front desk staff was nice, but they were not responsive to guests needs. They did not even offer to change my room when I complained.

The lobby is outdated and looks more like a funeral home. This is nothing like the newer Springhill Suites property's. As a matter of fact, if you go to the main brand web page for Springfield Suites, and then stayed at this hotel, you'd feel robbed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
lcmarshall, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Marriott guest service survey as well as post on Trip Adviser. Although some of your comments were less than complimentary, you were generous in sharing both what you felt we did well as well as what you believe we need to improve. Without sincere honest feedback such as yours we would not receive valuable insight from first hand experiences. Please know that every failing in your post that is in my ability to correct will be addressed. I am sorry that our auditor did not expedite your arrival. We do have security procedures in place that only allow registered guest instant entry. They should not hinder our valued guest's arrival experience.
Our hotel is ten years old and was last renovated five years ago and will receive another within the next two years which will bring our decor in line with the very newest Springhill Suites that are featured on the Marriott Springhill website. In addition we will be receiving new flat screen TV's early this year. Until we receive our hotel refresh we concentrate on doing right what we can- providing excellent customer service and providing a safe, clean, comfortable environment for our guests. I am so sorry that we failed you in this respect and I assure your comments and resolutions to them will be shared with the entire staff. Once again, please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations. I would also like to thank you again for sharing your positive comments along with your thoughts on our weaknesses.
L, Marshall, GM, Springhill Suites Orlando / Altamonte
New Jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for our vacation - December 20 - December 25. Our flight was early and we asked the hotel if they could check us in early. They did. This freed up our time to explore the area. The breakfast selection was excellent. The people at the reception area were vey helpful. We would definitley stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. It is gratifying to hear from our guests that we are accomplishing our goals of providing personal and professional service to our guests. I am pleased that we contributed in making your stay just a little more enjoyable.
L. Marshall, GM, Springhill Suites Orlando/Altamonte
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My daughter's 10 year old Florida State Champion Softball team stayed at this hotel while they competed at the Southeast Regional Babe Ruth Tournament in Altamonte Springs, FL. We are from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Our experience all began with the sales office and, Kym, who took care of my every question, concern and need and set up our team "block" for rooms. She was amazing. Once we arrived we felt not only welcomed but also wanted. They had set up a welcoming table in the lobby for our team and it was so special. The desk staff was always smiling and able to help us with anything we needed. The housekeeping staff was amazing too and the hotel was very cleam. It was a wonderful stay. Thank you Kym. Nicole, Candice, and Marc for making it such a nice place to be while we were away from home.
Amy Pattison

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I am on the road a lot and this was the first time that I slept like a baby. Who would have thought a bed could make a trip??? This hotel had memory foam like beds (Sealy Posturepedic -Marriott Supreme Plus) and you instantly slid into bed and felt every ache and pain from a long day go away. The hotel has a great breakfast service and the staff was quick to restock and insure the guests were well fed. Would like to see flat screen TV's in the room - but I will take a comfortable bet over a TV any time. I will definately come back to this hotel. Wnat a good place to get an incredible nights sleep - this is the place.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
lcmarshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thanks so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel! I am very happy to hear that you got a great night's sleep, that you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast ans that our staff provided the service you deserve. We sincerely hope we can accommodate you the next time you are in the Orlando area. P.S. We are scheduled to recieve flat screen TV'S in all of our rooms by the end of this year.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Our family came in from Arizona and met more family at the hotel who came in from NJ. This hotel was perfect in every way. It was easily accessible and convenient to get to all areas of the city; airport, shopping, attractions, and local stores and restaurants. The staff is exceptional. They were friendly, cooperative, and extremely willing to ensure that every guest was having a good time.

Sitting in the lobby was not only relaxing but it also gave us the opportunity to see just how important every guest was to the hotel. Each staff member, from the maintenance support staff to the executive team, treated everyone with a smile and warm welcome; willing to answer any question and/or try to solve any issue/concern.

If you're looking for a great place that provides the services for a long or short-term stay, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your mini family reunion. I appreciate your coments and am happy to hear that our location was ideal, that our hotel was warm and accommodating and that our staff displayed how genuinely pleased we are to do everything we can to ensure you and all of our guests feel welcome and as you stated, having a good time. After all you were here to relax, visit and enjoy your family time. We understand that and are pleased we were able to help make that happen. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your kind words.

Linda Marshall