“Perfect across the board...” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Perfect across the board...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

Our family came in from Arizona and met more family at the hotel who came in from NJ. This hotel was perfect in every way. It was easily accessible and convenient to get to all areas of the city; airport, shopping, attractions, and local stores and restaurants. The staff is exceptional. They were friendly, cooperative, and extremely willing to ensure that every guest was having a good time.

Sitting in the lobby was not only relaxing but it also gave us the opportunity to see just how important every guest was to the hotel. Each staff member, from the maintenance support staff to the executive team, treated everyone with a smile and warm welcome; willing to answer any question and/or try to solve any issue/concern.

If you're looking for a great place that provides the services for a long or short-term stay, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lcmarshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your mini family reunion. I appreciate your coments and am happy to hear that our location was ideal, that our hotel was warm and accommodating and that our staff displayed how genuinely pleased we are to do everything we can to ensure you and all of our guests feel welcome and as you stated, having a good time. After all you were here to relax, visit and enjoy your family time. We understand that and are pleased we were able to help make that happen. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your kind words.

Linda Marshall
General Manager,
Springhill Suites Orlando/Altamonte Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando & Nashville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for only one reason: a place to relax.

This was also part of a much needed vacation week. I used my Marriott Rewards and I am a Silver member.

I checked in at 11pm and after fumbling through the computer system he told me he did not have anything with a king bed "Due to my late arrival".

Placing blame on your customer because you gave away my room thinking I would not show up is not a good thing!!!! Especially as a Silver Rewards member!!!!

He also manually wrote down my entire credit card number, expiration, and security code on a piece of paper. When I asked why he told me "Its completely confidential"...How exactly that is confidential I still do not know...NOT OK!

It may not be a big deal to some people but when you are alone and want to relax and rest over your stay I want to have a king bed.

The next day someone called and offered to move, which I accepted. A maintenance brought up keys and left - did not offering assistance. The room was OK. Hairs on bathroom floor. Burn stains on comforter. This hotel is more on par with a Choice Hotel instead of a Marriott - however as pointed out this is a first generation SpringHill.

Finally, on my last day I decided to try and enjoy the pool and hot tub. The indoor pool was about 75 degrees, and the hot tub was half full and 75 degress as well. I gave up and went back to my room. Again, Not OK.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank deltal1011
lcmarshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
I am writting to convey my apologies for the inconvenience you encoutered at our Springhill Suites when we failed to provide you with the place to relax you expected and deserved. I am sorry that you were not given the room type you reserved. While we would never wish to be in the position of not having a guest's preferred room type, it is especailly unaceptable for a Silver Rewards Elite Member. Our porcedure is to block Elite Member rooms each morning. I can only guess that an in house guest did not check out as planned resulting in a sold out situation for king rooms. Considering our clerks are trained to honor Elite status - I believe the auditor may have had no other choice. That being said you encountered several other problems that I realize added to your frustration. I would like to reassure you that your credit card information is indeed confidential. Under normal condiitons an imprint is not requried or necessary, (the property management system was most likely in audit mode when you checked in necessitating the manual imput of the number at a later time) and any paper copies are shreded upon departure. We replaced our spa heater when we discovered it was slowly failing to heat the spa properly. I am sorry that you were part of that discovery process. The comments regarding your room are most distressing to me. Your comments will be given serious concern and attention with goals set to correct further incidences. As a Marriott we have in place diligent housekeeping and inspection standards. Without comments such as yours we could loose our barometer on guest satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to provide your insight.
midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

From the greeter at the front desk to the provider of the complimentary breakfast to the breakfast menu to the business center access, it was like being "at home' and yet pampered and cared for by every of the hotel personel.
Also loved the mattresses!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lcmarshall, GM at SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for your kind remarks about our staff members. Our goal is to make each of our guests feel comfortable and as at home as is possible. I am happy to hear that our associates accomplished this with you. I will share your kind words with them all.
charlotte,nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

Pros: Convenient to I-4 and free WiFi

Cons: Clean, but has a fairly run down feel. The kitchenette/living room was very small. With the pull out bed out you could not walk into the bedroom. The breakfast was lame. Well below average compared to Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
lcmarshall, GM at SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, November 9, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and for your comments on your stay. Our housekeeping staff especially appreciates the compliment regarding the cleanliness of your room. We are a Generation 1 Springhill Suites Hotel and as the original design prototype we realize the evolution of the brand has produced roomier more spacious suites.
We have introduced new breakfast items since your visit. They include Marriott SHS
signature muffins, cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs and more nutritious meat selections including turkey Canadian bacon.
We are hopeful you will reconsider staying with us in the future; we would like an opportunity to win you over with our extraordinary customer service.
Raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

This hotel was very nice and convenient. Located next to I-4 with a tons of restaurants nearby. Room was cozy. We had two double beds which actually looked more like queens, and a sleeper sofa. It comfortably accomodated 2 adults and 4 children. Bed was super comfortable. continental breakfast in the am and fridge in the room= packing breakfast for the airport the next day and saving a ton of money!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lcmarshall, manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, November 9, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our property on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel about 5 times over the past 18 months or so and have found each stay to be enjoyable. The Tuesday night Manager Wine and Beer Party is well done and attended by guests and staff. The Management of this hotel is on top of everything. Rooms are great for business travel and well maintained. This hotel is very convenient and economical for working in the Orlando area with a wide choice of restaurants and bars nearby. Would stay again without any hesitation.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
ATL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

I stayed there for 4 days while visiting the parks in Orlando, and I loved it!
Really nice hotel, with comfortable beds and large rooms.
Room had a microwave, fridge, kitchen area, and 2 TVs.
Hot breakfast is complimentary and really good. Large variety of items. Lots of fruits, pastries, pankakes, juices, ... you name it.
Internet is free (wirelees and wired).
Location is fine, close to I-4. About 30 minutes drive to Universal, and 40 to Walt Disney World.
It is not a new property, but is very well mantained.
VERY very lovely staff, friendly and caring. Customer satisfaction is first priorty there.
My congratulations to the staff and to the management, all of you added to a great vacation in Orlando!!
Recommended!