“Another great stay in Altamonte at Springhill”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here late last year and we found ourselves in Altamonte Springs again. I really like this hotel and it is a great location for staying in this area.

The hotel itself is clean and quiet. The common area is great as well. The breakfast is very nice.

Access to I-4 and 436 is convenient.

For a nice change of pace, enjoy a walk around the lake behind Altamonte Mall.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I'll be honest: I was looking to pay as little as possible for as good a hotel as possible. I think we lucked out here. Clean, good-sized rooms, close to Hwy and shopping and restaurants. We paid $82 + tax in mid-February, which is very reasonable for a hotel of this quality. Only complaint: I backed into a post that was not visible in my rear-view mirror. Damaged my bumper.

Room Tip: If traffic bothers you, ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is at the junction of I 4 and 436 and very convenient to shopping and restaurants. It appears to be new and in lovely condition. The suite was large with excellent touches such as double sheets instead of a bedspread, a choice of 5 pillows, full length mirror, 2 tvs, and the decorating was light and bright and well done. The bed was comfortable and there was no lack of lighting for reading as in many hotels. An overall good experience.

Room Tip: would ask for a room farther down the hall away from the elevator and ice machine although it really...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were passing through towards Disney and stopped here to spend the night. It was very reasonably priced and was super clean. This place was very nice. The staff was friendly and it was overall a vary enjoyable experience. The bed was great and the room was very large. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We were heading to Amelia Island to visit family and decided to stop off in Altamonte Springs for the night. To be honest, we had never stayed in a Springhill Suites before but were very pleasantly surprised. It is so nice to have a room with more than just a bed, bath and sometimes a sofa. We had a King Room with a nice size bath, sofa, mini kitchen and desk area. It is my understanding that all Springhill Suites are this way with the only difference being double beds in some rooms. This hotel was clean and the staff could not have been any nicer. We ended up with a room right by the elevator but could not hear any noise. We will definitely be looking for another Springhill Suites to stay in on our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JWalker78
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place was a great stay for two nights in March 2013. Room very comfy and newly redone. Lots of room in King suite, very large bathroom. All areas of the hotel were very clean and kept up nicely.

Restaurants were within walking distance, which made it nice, after being in Daytona all day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StPeteFltraveler
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked 2 nights at this hotel due to good reviews on this site; what a disappointment! When I checked into my room it was around 6 pm;the toilet wouldn't flush; I told the clerk at front desk and he said he'd have it fixed; we then went out for the evening and when we returned around 1030 pm and used the toilet it overflowed all over the place. I called front desk and was told they'd move us to another room; this was around 11 pm by that time and we had to move again; it was very cold that night in Feb when this occurred; I turned on the heat in the room and it wasn't working; very cold inside; I called front desk again and was told maintenance would come and look at it; I waited till midnight and the guy told me he didn't come on duty till then; that's why I had to wait so long; outcome he said heat was broke and he'd get me moved again for the 3rd time; here I was in my nightgown with my jacket on having to move at 1 am in the morning! I was told that the manager would call me in the am and talk to me but no one called me and I was so upset I decided to check out and not stay the 2cnd night. I was charged the full night stay and when I asked for a refund was told that I would be given 25.00 off and still have to pay for the stay which cost me $82.00. There's no way I would ever come back to this place.I'm a Marriott Reward Member and the so called manager knew it but wouldn't budge.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family