“A nice place to stay in Altamonte Springs”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Austin, Texas
“A nice place to stay in Altamonte Springs”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed only one night here on a visit to the area. The property is located close to I-4 and adjacent to a Ramada. Our reservation was there when we checked in and the desk staff person was friendly, fast and helpful with our questions.

Our suite was very nicely appointed and, as is typical with Marriott, very clean. The king bed was comfortable and the quality and quantity of pillows was perfect. The A/C unit functioned as it should and did not make any unwanted noises.

The bath area was clean as well and all plumbing worked fine. Our breakfast the next morning was good, hot and plentiful. Normal fare for Marriotts, cereals, juices, eggs, sausage, muffins and bagels along wih yogurts, coffee and fresh fruit.

The location is convenient to many restaurants, gas stations and other businesses. There are less expensive hotels near but for the price we paid, this SpringHill is well worth consideration.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Moncks Corner, SC
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Upon arriving we were greeted by the most incredibly friendly guest services representative I have ever encountered. I felt like I was being welcomed into his personal home, that is how incredibly friendly he was. Our room more than exceeded my expectations. The room had a very freshly cleaned smell. The beds were extremely comfortable and soft, bed linens were clean and crisp. There were plenty of pillows. The sofa pulled out easily into a queen size bed with linen already provided in the closet. The bed linen and towels were changed daily. The Jacuzzi and pool were a welcome amenity after spending time out seeing the sites. The free continental breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, hot cooked oatmeal with an assortment of toppings, fresh fruit, and a large assortment of danish, bagels, english muffins, toast, orange juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate, milk and yogurt. You would spend a considerable amount if you went out and ordered the same breakfast so it was nice to start the day with a hot free breakfast. There is a cooler right next to the check in desk where there are available, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, several types of other ice cream treats, pizza for the microwave, juice, soda and candy bars and other treats. The Amway Center was 20 minutes away, Walt Disney World was only 30 minutes away and Kennedy Space Center was 1 hour away. Free Wi Fi was a definite plus and the connection maintained good strength through out my usage. Parking is easily accessible and there is a Perkins restaurant right in front of the hotel if you don't want to go out. If you want to order pizza, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Proccolino's. You can view their website online. I am from NY and I am very picky about my pizza and this pizza was absolutely delicious, delivery was hot and quick (45 min) and you can pay over the phone with your Visa/MC/AMEX. On my next trip to the Orlando area I know exactly where I will be staying and that is at this hotel. I booked through Expedia.com and I could not have been more happy with the hotel, Expedia and the price.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious, Air conditioners are clean and very efficient. Rooms have small fridge, small m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BobH1962
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is just off of I-4 in the northern suburbs. Although my room was on the interstate side of the hotel, I did not hear any traffic noise. I walked to the adjacent Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner after I arrived at the hotel and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the hotel lobby the next morning. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful with directions.

My only complaint was that I found a couple of small roaches around the sofa in my room on the morning that I left the hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel would not work well for visiting Disney World, but it works well if you want to stay a lo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TNRetired
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Easy to find this Springhill Suites. It is close to shopping and lots of restaurants. The check in was efficient and my room was clean and comfortable. I believe the updated decor is used at all the locations that have been remodeled. It reminds me of living with The Jetsons. The only down side was that the pool was inside and this made it difficult for me to sit out and enjoy reading the paper, as it was hot in July. I had to use my key access card to get back inside for a quick dip and the pool was really pretty cool...not a temp I could swim in. I found it odd to only have an indoor pool in Orlando. The staff said it was too hot to swim outside???? Everything else about the stay was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in July 2012 for a concert and 5K in Orlando. Location for the City of Orlando and communities to the North is perfect (this property is NOT close to any of the parks). There are plenty of food and shopping nearby and the trailhead for the 28 mile Seminole-Weikiva trail is nearby.
Typical Springhill property......though the bed was uncomfortable......everything else was fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night while we were visiting family in Orlando. The hotel was in good condition, our room was nice, and we didn't have any problems. The room rate was reasonable. I wish it was a little closer to downtown Orlando. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here as my home away from home for many years. Alas, my company shifted operations to Chicago and I don't get to stay here any more. The Staff here made everything GREAT every time I stayed here.

Room Tip: King rooms close to the elevator are the best!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business