“Value was good.. Stayed for a week...”
Review of Remington Inn

Remington Inn
Remington Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Value was good.. Stayed for a week. Didn't know they offered weekly rates.. Rooms are decent especially because you can't find rates that are so affordable with great location.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank Travelm212
Remington450, Guest Relations Manager at Remington Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Sorry, you were not told about the weekly rates. For the daily rates, you do get additional services and amenities.

Reviewed March 8, 2006

The lobby was the only area of the so called Remmington Inn & Suites that was visually okay. We had just arrived from Toronto, Canada and within the FIRST hour, we saw hookers taking their clients into rooms, money being exchanged for who knows what and last but not least my husband I a were approached by 7 guys who ROBBED us...we had police cars searching the area for these #$%?*$#... (you can fill in the blanks) to try and catch them.
We were told by Altamonte Police that they have been trying to close down this Remmington location for many years. They are abviously not 'AAA' approved so my advice to any one that wishes to stay in the area...go anywhere else but there. Please please stay away it is not safe for young families or anyone. Giving them a rating of 1 out of 5 is not even worth that... more like -10.

• Stayed: March 2006
17  Thank Stephanie O
Florahome, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2006

Found the hotel via website. It looked like a standard hotel room, which was all I needed for 4 nights for business. In spite of the amenities listed,
1. no fridge, no microwave, no alarm clock, no iron or board, no remote for t.v.
2. approx 40 percent of drapes had no hooks and drapes gaped open, affording no privacy until I climbed up onto a chair and stuffed them over the rod and sealed shut with the chair
3.floors dirty, hadn't been swept, vacuumed or mopped
4.hair and soap scum on bath tub, walls and shower curtain
5.no bulbs in several light sockets
6.washcloth was stiff like it hadn't been laundered
7.spare toilet tissue empty
8.first night toilet ran slow and finally ran over, called desk was told that they would let the maintenance man know when he came in at 7 a.m. Maintenance man came during the day while I was gone, apparently having plunged the toilet. A "do not disturb" had been placed on my door and all the towels for the "fllod" had been left on the floor. No replacements brought nor floor cleaned. I went to the desk for more towels to shower with, but had to use them for the next toilet run over instead. When this occurred, I called the desk then waited for 1 hour. Called the desk again, waited for 30 minutes then called again. Finally the man came and plunged the toilet. It flushed once before running over again. I complained to two different clerks and to a third upon check out. I asked for the manager 3 times and was told each time that the manager had gone for the day.
9. The large space between the bottom of the outside door and the floor must have been a good inch and a half
10. General state of being in disrepair and unkept. I walked down the length of one building and saw other windows with drapes hanging, vending machines beat up and out of order.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 7, 2006

Well....as an English man not put off by cheap feel all I can say is that I have never been to a place quite as bad as this ever before anywhere in the world. When I parked in the car park there was a squad of police cars in the car park who swiftly drove off. Not quite sure why they where there but I carried on to check in anyway.
I booked in at around 10pm through a bullet proof style window with a small slot at the bottom for handing over cash.
Took all my stuff up to the 2nd floor. The white guys in ghetto T-shirts hanging out on balconies (some sort of excuse for Miami fashion) gave the place a 'street feel' on the way up to my room.
The room was straight out of the 70's and the TV was too. The toilet didn't flush and I found two roaches in the sink and some other smaller unknown things crawling around.
I went out for 30 mins or so to find loud music playing and noisey people around. On returning to my room I found a whole army of roaches crawling around checking out my luggage and the rest of the room.
I packed up and left quickly going down to the bullet proof screen once again. They gave me my money back but told me not bother to shop around in Central Florida as there is a reason why places such as this are so cheap.
I guess it was either the druggies or the prostitutes or maybe lack of maintenance that made this place so crap. Either way - Asta las Vista Baby (NOT!!!)

IF ONLY THE HEATH INSPECTORS COULD SEE THIS PLACE!!!!

• Stayed: January 2006
16  Thank afcal72
Reviewed February 23, 2005

February 16th i stayed at this hotel it was just terrible, never in all the places ive stayed in were ever this bad. i read the hotel description off the orbitz website, which said newly renovated,.. yea in the early 80's maybe.. the elevator was old and creaky and im surprized it made it to the third floor, as i exited the narrow door i saw worn diry carpets,a laundry room with washer and dryer with wires bursting out the front, and ice machines that havent worked in years, i walked down to my room, and opened the door to a stale musty room, it did have a tv but there was no remote, and the control panel on the tv was broken, and you couldnt control the volume or change the channel, and after the tv came on at 2AM, by its self.. and not being able to turn it off !!!i then contacted the front desk to give me a new TV, and put a clock radio/alarm which what i was supposed to get with the room, i couldnt set it the controlls were jammed.. so i had to rely on a wake up call from the front desk. the airconditioner was noisy, i did see one bug scurry across the desk.. the cold water facets in the tub, came off in my hand twice,the curtain was just hanging by a threads i was afraid to touch it, it would of came off the rod for sure, i went to get into bed and the sheets were still wet, not dried completely. twice i left my room for the day and returned to my room with the door open!!! i was very lucky nothing was taken, when i finally checked out i let the manager know of my unpleasant stay, she said we try to make everyones stay pleasant..when i asked he about the door locks she told said it has to do with the humidity, thats why the locks didnt work.. not once did i feel at all safe staying there.. ill never go back again..stay away..!!!!

21  Thank Lynne J
Dallas
Reviewed February 16, 2005

I checked in at the out-door window and was told they had no remote. No big deal, I don't watch TV. I walked up the stair to the room, hearing "The itsy-bitys spider" from a child's toy. I simply assumed the walls were thin. As I topped the stairs, I realized the sound was coming from the overflowing trash can, surrounded by old pizza, empty beer bottles, and other things that had passed the point of recognition. It was 2 AM, Daytona 500 week, and no other hotels were available, so I trudged on. My horror intensified as I reached the room.

Once inside, I saw that the security latch had literally been broken off from the door - the plate was intact, but the bar was missing. The metal door was heavily rusted and dented. The walls were covered in holes, scratches, and missing paint. The metal framed bed looked no better. Again, at 2 AM I wasn't picky.

I went to the bathroom, deciding to take a shower and sleep with my clothes on. Unfortunately, the roaches in the tub had other ideas. Again, it's 2 AM, so I thought I'd flush them out, shower, and sleep. I reached for the green, mottled faucet and turned it on. Once the water started flowing, more roaches appeared. I couldn't take it.

At that point, I decided I'd rather sleep in my car and go to work in wrinkled clothing. I checked out and prayed I'd find another place to stay. If you want to stay in a place straight out of a B-movie, go for it. Otherwise, save yourself the trouble of cancelling the charges and don't bother booking this nightmare of a hotel.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Troy, AL
Reviewed February 14, 2005

This had to be the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in!!! Everything the other review mentioned is completely and totally true, I only wish I had seen it before we went. I felt very unsafe the whole stay, especially us being 3 young college girls! While walking to and from our room we had to listen to degrading comments such as "i want a piece of that " or "let me hit that a**" etc.. as well as feeling the eyes of strangers staring us up and down. I think you catch my drift. Also, when we got into our room we realized that our air conditioner didn't work. Like any normal person we called the front desk and informed them of the problem expecting it to be fixed soon or to get a new room. We were told that there were no other rooms available but they would have someone up to fix it in a few mins. No one ever came!!! We called repeatedly throughout the weekend, and got the same answer everytime. If it had not been the weekend of New Years then we would have just gone to a new hotel, but there were none available so that wasn't an option. We were forced to stay. When i complained the day we left conveniently there was no manager available, and still to this very day the manager never seems to be there when i call, and she doesn't return phone calls. This place should be put out of business all they cause is problems.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member