I have stayed at Embassy Suites before and have been very happy. This was NOT the case at this location. The grounds were not kept up & the property had a terrible musty smell. We were going to stay one night before a return flight home. We checked in, went up to our room and found the smell was worse in the room, curtains by the door were grease covered from the door hinge & a dead wasp on the floor. I have a son with a medical allergy to wasp stings. Went down to the front desk to see about getting a different room, one without a possible wasp nest & perhaps a better smelling one. Not the case. Asked for a manager to explain our situation. She (I will refrain from posting her name. Got an assistant manager.) rudely stated that she was surprised I wouldn't be happy with one of the 300 some rooms. We were using Hilton Honor points to stay here and I asked kindly if we could stay at a sister resort and use the points. She said no, if we left it was on my own doing and we would lose the points. At that point, I told her that we would be leaving. She said she would have the manager contact me. We promptly left and stayed at The Springhill Suites in Sanford. VERY nice and nice front desk staff there. I called after 3 days and left a voicemail. No response. A week went by and no call from the manager. I then called Hilton Honors phone number and explained the experience. They apologized and promptly replaced the 30,000 points and said they would be in contact with the guest complaint and started a file on it. To this day (almost a month later) I have not been contacted by any member of the management team there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Orlando North provides every guest with a two-room suite located on the beautiful Cranes Roost Lake and Boardwalk in the heart of Uptown Altamonte. The Embassy Suites Orlando North is just minutes away from the Altamonte Springs Mall, AMC Movie Complex and walking distance to several restaurants. We are conveniently located "Halfway" between Daytona/New Smyrna Beaches and Disney's famous theme parks. We are only 8 miles north of downtown Orlando and near Universal Studios, Wet n Wild and Sea world. The Embassy Suites Orlando North is the perfect location for a fun family vacation, blissful weekend getaway or a business trip. During your stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando North you will experience state-of-the-art amenities to make you feel more at home in the comfort of your hotel suite. Enjoy in-room entertainment with two flat screen televisions,complimentary WiFi, microwave, refrigerator and wet bar. After a peaceful night’s sleep in our luxurious Embassy Essentials linens, wake up to our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, then unwind at the end of your day at our two hour Manager's Reception with your favorite cold beverage and dry snacks. We also have a wide selection of dining options to satisfy your taste buds, including our onsite Omaha Steak House and our In-Room dining. At Embassy Suites Orlando North, you’ll have a more memorable stay in Orlando. Come visit us now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Orlando North
- Embassy Suites Altamonte Springs
- Altamonte Springs Embassy Suites