“Musty Smell, Dead Wasp & Poor Communication”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have stayed at Embassy Suites before and have been very happy. This was NOT the case at this location. The grounds were not kept up & the property had a terrible musty smell. We were going to stay one night before a return flight home. We checked in, went up to our room and found the smell was worse in the room, curtains by the door were grease covered from the door hinge & a dead wasp on the floor. I have a son with a medical allergy to wasp stings. Went down to the front desk to see about getting a different room, one without a possible wasp nest & perhaps a better smelling one. Not the case. Asked for a manager to explain our situation. She (I will refrain from posting her name. Got an assistant manager.) rudely stated that she was surprised I wouldn't be happy with one of the 300 some rooms. We were using Hilton Honor points to stay here and I asked kindly if we could stay at a sister resort and use the points. She said no, if we left it was on my own doing and we would lose the points. At that point, I told her that we would be leaving. She said she would have the manager contact me. We promptly left and stayed at The Springhill Suites in Sanford. VERY nice and nice front desk staff there. I called after 3 days and left a voicemail. No response. A week went by and no call from the manager. I then called Hilton Honors phone number and explained the experience. They apologized and promptly replaced the 30,000 points and said they would be in contact with the guest complaint and started a file on it. To this day (almost a month later) I have not been contacted by any member of the management team there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IowaDisneyMom

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Fantastic hotel accomodations. Lake view from our room was very nice. Beautiful lobby with atrium. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and had a huge variety of items. All in all, it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip to the Orlando area. For an Embassy this was on the lower end.
I checked in at 1 am so I cant really comment on the front desk staff. The night guy was fine, I asked for a wakeup call and went to bed. Good thing I set the alarm in my phone, I never got the wakeup call!
The room was older and smelled musty and wet. I did not see any mold but I sure smelled it. I can sleep on anything so the bed was fine. The room was clean.
Breakfast was good, friendly staff.
I dont think I will be staying in this hotel again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a great time staying at this hotel. The employees are wonderful, the food was great as expected from the Embassy Suites. The sleeping room was a bit moldy but the staff was great with trying to take care of that. Thanks for making our stay wonderful.

Room Tip: We were pretty close to the elevators but it really didn't cause a problem at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for my son's wedding. The entire wedding party and all our friends and family stayed there as well. The hotel was clean and the center lobby area was awesome for everyone to gather each day. We spent a lot of time there catching up with each other. We also loved the lake outside and walked it each morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was a nice hotel to stay at. If you are eating here prices are a bit steep and very little selection on the menu. The have a wonderful happy hour and breakfast which is better than most. I did not have much interaction with the staff other than checking in and out, they were friendly. You will get your receipt when you check out, not slid under your door.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 9, 2013

great breakfast...........great value overall. I also liked the open bar reception as well and the staff was very open and friendly too I would definately come back to this hotel next time I am in Orlando

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple