“Great Value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and have stayed at this hotel four times,each time seems better than the last.
Staff are fantastic.
Rooms are excellent.
Breakfast was well above average.
Managers reception is not to be sniffed at.
Will go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very good service, clean quiet rooms. Good easy location very near highway 4. Nice short walk to restaurants,mall and movie theater. Room had micro, fridge, and coffee. Very good restaurant in the hotel. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hcruz
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Though I definitely don't have a particularly ghastly story to share, I was definitely underwhelmed with my stay here. We spent the weekend there as part of a wedding and the service was, while not outright rude, lacking.

Cons
- When we checked in (party of 3) we were told that no double beds were available even though we had definitely booked double beds online. Others in our group had the same problem.
- As no double beds were available, we counted ourselves lucky that the couch could at least fold out - problem solved. No sheets were offered with the bed though they knew we would need them. I had to ask (via phone and stopping by the front desk) three times throughout the day if we could get these sheets. That's just disappointing.
- Our room smelled a bit moldy. It was likely the AC as it was running on full blast. Not unbearable but unpleasant.
- There were a few random hairs (of the most unpleasant kind) on our pillows (not on the pillow case but inside the pillow case). I get that these aren't cleaned all the time but it was still pretty obvious. And pretty gross.
- Clean-up between our two nights was the most disappointing part of all. With three people staying in one room, things can get a bit crowded and messy. Pretty much all they did was make the bed, replace the towels and leave one additional shampoo bottle. No trash was picked up (not that we trashed the place but there were a few stray junk papers laying about), it looked like the bathrooms/sinks weren't cleaned, etc. I seriously could have done that level of clean-up in about 5 minutes.

Pros
- location is good
- I'm serious about doing bed bug checks before staying somewhere. The mattress and box spring looked practically new, which was quite reassuring.
- Happy hour (as at all Embassy Suites) was a nice touch
- Loved the shower's water pressure. Could have stayed in there all day. Random, I know, but it matters.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lousso
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here recently for a business meeting and had a very comfortable stay. The hotel is nicely located in Uptown Altamonte with shopping at the Altamonte Mall nearby as well as many restaurants. The hotel is located adjacent to the beautiful Cranes Roost Park with a lovely trail around the lake (about a mile) for walking/jogging. Staff was very accommodating and helpful and the food at the Omaha Steakhouse on premises was very good (try the quesadillas for lunch, very tasty and inexpensive).The suite we had was a little smaller than most other Embassy Suites we have stayed at and it did appear to need a little updating. This hotel is going through some renovations so perhaps that will be taken care of in due time. The breakfast was wonderful as usual for Embassy Suites, although the breakfast area seemed to be a bit oddly situated. And the manager's reception in the evening with the signature free drinks is just what is needed after a long day of meetings (or shopping!). One caveat for those considering a stay here to visit the Orlando themeparks- I wouldn't recommend it!! Traveling I-4 can be an absolute nightmare and the closest park (Universal) took almost a 1/2 hour with very heavy traffic (and that was after rush hour!!). Otherwise, I would recommend this hotel for a nice stay and overall value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tripsahoy16
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Although we only live an hour away, we enjoy spending a weekend in Orlando area a few times a year. We found this delightful hotel in beautiful surroundings. The lake across the street has sidewalks around it with benches for resting (when you are a bit older, you need that!).

The staff has been so nice and helpful each time we have stayed here. We love the breakfast, which is better even than most Embassy Suites we have stayed in. Very clean.

Thanks for giving us those restful weekends, where we feel we are far far away.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara Ann D
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor! Our "Uptown Altamonte" location places our guests just steps away from beautiful Crane's Roost Park, and within easy walking distance of numerous restaurants and the Altamonte Mall. We are pleased to know that your weekend get-aways spent with us have been relaxing and enjoyable, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,

Richard A. Neilan
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Spent one night at this hotel--full breakfast was included and it was soooo good. There were so many options. They also have free cocktails every day which was definitely a plus. The only drawback was that the air conditioner was not working great and it got hot at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Neida H
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Embassy Suites Hotel
225 Shorecrest Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

I stayed at this hotel my third in the immediate area to try it out. Booking an early reservation, weeks in advance, it was still listed as $40 over other properties within this chain (Hilton). The hotel itself is interesting. Situated directly next to the mall and the outer lying strip mall next to it,, it’s look and feel is that of a Northern hotel. The pool and sauna are enclosed on the first floor. There is a large atrium with skylights up to the 9th floor. It houses a beautiful water feature and a gazebo. There are plenty of scattered chairs about as well. Also on this floor is the breakfast area opposite the check in desk, towards the pool, and a small convenience shop and the Omaha Steak House Restaurant (See separate review). When I arrived at 3:00pm I was not greeted as an HHonors member yet again (this does not seem to be the policy in Orlando even though on the website reviews for the chain they ask me every time). I was told that my room was not ready yet. I milled about taking a few Facebook pictures of the cool water feature and managed to get a free coke from some that were set out in the “breakfast area”. These may have been for a meeting in one of the conference rooms, but no one seemed to mind me having one. I waited about a ½ hour and checked back to no avail. I was then given the key anyway and told it still wasn’t ready yet. I decided to check out the mall. I drove over to get closer even though I could have walked but it was really hot that day, and I wasn’t in the mood. The mall is filled with typical fare complete with a food court and an AMC movie house and I debated seeing a movie to kill time until the room was ready. I returned about an hour later and the room was ready. As I headed to the elevator they had signs posted to explain the remodeling that was taking place in the hotel. I would later learn that they had finished the entire hotel except for the ground floor already. The room (900 something) itself was typical of an embassy suites. It had a living space in the front with fold out sofa bed, a small table with a couple of chairs, and a kitchette with a microwave, sink, fridge. The bathroom was plain but nicely equipped with a water pik shower massage. The room was clean and cool. I lowered the temp for sleeping to give a fighting chance before I actually went to sleep and it cooled down nicely. The bed was comfortable and with shutting the door in the hall between the living space and bedroom I would say that it was a 9 on the darkness scale. I did have to cover up the annoying clock but otherwise it slept well. I unpacked showered and changed and headed down to check out the steakhouse. Along the way I took advantage of the free cocktails offered to me again in the “breakfast area”. I had a very small (two sips) glass of crown and coke. The “bartender” (it’s not really a bar) was very nice and poured heavy so I tipped accordingly, but this was certainly not a $40 perk. Perhaps if I was in the drinking mood and I had someone else to speak with I could have chatted in the lobby area and kept returning for more which THEN would make it worthwhile. When I returned to my room after dinner, I tried out the Internet and had no issues with the free connection. Overall this was a decent hotel stay but the elevated price which undoubtedly was a result of the suite, in my case was not justified. If there is inclement weather or you want to be within walking distance of the mall you may want to choose this or if you are travelling with a party of people and you want a separate area for the kids to hang out perhaps but for the solo business traveler, I can’t see justifying this over the other Hilton offerings in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank weirdave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
#4 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte ...
#6 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North? Share your experiences!