“You get what you pay for...if only just.”

and 1 more site!
America's Best Inns Altamonte Springs/Orlando
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Birmingham
“You get what you pay for...if only just.”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I booked two nights on Expedia UK for £25 per night! If you want pristine clean and comfortable this is not it! If you want cheap and not so cheerful, then it is worth a try. Breakfast isn't anything to remember no eggs on meat, but it will fill a space till lunch. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families and especially not with young children. I didn't see any roaches, I wasn't bitten by any bed bugs but it would be good to check your room and sheets before moving in as my first room had stained sheets. I think perhaps some of the reviews i read were a little extreme but everyone's experience is different depending on expectations. Would I go back? probably not, as I would be more inclined to spend and extra £15-20 per night for added comfort but if money is a issue you could do worse, maybe. One more ti, apparently they are in the middle of a major overhaul of their suits so it might be an idea to ring the hotel direct to find out if this has been completed and request one.

Room Tip: No lift, ask for a room at back of hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank akagarryg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stayed here 4 nights in November 2011. The motel was clean and comfortable - good breakfast. Everything worked well and the front desk was helpful. It was easy access from the freeway. I would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChuckBrooks
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Worst place I ever saw. Should be called roach motel. Checked in and out in 1 hour. Let them keep the 4 nights prepaid on Priceline because I was so grossed out. Dirty, moldy, hole in wall. When I reached for the phone to call desk for another room a cockroach was in the handset cradle.

Room Tip: go north of Altamonte Springs Rd. on Douglass. Good clean hotels there.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave S
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I'm not generally one to be picky. As long as I have a clean room and a decent bed to stay in I'm happy. The tip off should have been the $36 special they were running on Hotels.com and I figured what the heck might as well try it out since it did have mixed reviews. My boyfriend and I reserved a room for one night since he was in from out of town. The reception area was the first sign, the staff was nice. The overall appearance? Not so much. The chairs were torn and in general everything looked run down. When walking into the room a muggy smell automatically hits. We immediately turned the air conditioning unit on blast, it took a while for it to cool but better late than never right? The furniture in the room including the mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot looked "like they bought them from a hotel that went out of business 20 years ago" (My boyfriend's exact words). The bed was pretty comfy and the sheets were clean. I was surprised I didn't wake up with bed bug bites, my skin although is still crawling from the feel of the room. My allergies are like anyone else's, not very sensitive and a Claritin a day will keep the sneezes away. Not here, I woke up with a completely stuffy nose and a wheezy breathing. If we had booked it for more than the one night we would have just left to find another hotel and forked over the extra money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aurelys
ohhector
Reviewed September 22, 2011

(Just to avoid confusion...this used to be called Quality Inn North, and the keys still say that...but the signs on the building all say America's Best Inn)

I do not understand how this has anything above a 2 star...for me, it is a 1 star. Let's start with the bad:

1) Properly is falling apart. There's more paint chipped OFF most of the walls and floors (yes, the floors) than is acceptable.
2) During the day, this place is really creepy. The neighborhood isnt GREAT but it's not too bad....but the property itself has a really bad vibe. A lot of it is due to the disrepair of the building, and the fact that the hallways are super dark. (Funny enough, at night everything is lit up and not as bad)
3) Poor layout...the building is an L shape, but the apartments inside the L itself have no view of their car...even when parked in the lot facing the rooms, due to trees and buildings in the way. I did not feel entirely safe to begin with here, but this made it worse.
4) The elevator smells like a group of 10 people are in there smoking cigars, and have been for the last 10 years. You might think I am using hyperbole for effect, but I am not. I have never smelled anything so intense and putrid. 2 days later, and my nose still feels the nastiness. I've had terrible allergies since.
5) No wireless internet (even though their site said it had), must use an ethernet cable left in room (mine was broken)
6) Door to room would not lock, unless I made sure the inside handle was parallel to the floor.
7) A lot of the unused rooms had the curtains open, and you could see messes....mattresses stacked on top of each other, trash, unmade rooms, etc.
8) Room wasn't terrible, as I mention below...but it did have a faint musty smell, and made my allergies continue to flare up after the elevator incident.

Now, onto the good:
1) Internet was pretty fast, even though it was wired.
2) Room itself wasnt TERRIBLE. (although for being "remodeled" there sure were a lot of paint chips everywhere, and cigarette stains on all of the old chipped, furniture)
3) Fridge and (VERY OLD) microwave in room.
4) Big tub. Bathroom was mostly clean at least.

I had another stay here booked for a few weeks, and I will be cancelling it. I am very used to cheap hotels and weird locations, so I am not nitpicking tiny details...the property looks old, is needing repairs and remodeling, and feels unsafe. It also seems that the majority of the people staying here (which only seemed like 4 rooms in a 130+ room hotel) were semi long term stays. Terrible value, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: There do not seem to be any good rooms here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ohhector
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Although this is an aging property, the staff tries hard to make it acceptable. The pool is clean and the water temperature is great; maid service is good and rooms are refreshed daily. The free breakfast is pretty standard but it's there. Don't be misled by the ads, the free happy hour was discontinued two years ago. Overall it's not the Hilton, but I've been in four star hotels where the rooms were dirtier and the staff not as friendly.....so bottom line is for the money a great value. I will give it four stars based on that!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This hotel is a good deal for the price. Rooms have been remodeled, nice tile floor in the bath area. Basically neat and clean. I have stayed here several times before, but unfortunately, this time, I did get bed bug bites. :( I called the hotel to let them know so that they can take care of it. I would hate that the next person that stays there gets bite.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends