“imaginative”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2012

the place is clean and light- service is decent food is always good

2  Thank Eduardo5060
There are newer reviews for Eastern Pearl Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed December 31, 2011

We also have enjoyed Eastern Pearl since it opened. I have often had one of their signature dishes, the shrimp in silken cream sauce. It was always presented in an elegant fashion and was delicious. The service has been above average.

Tonight we went and were very disappointed. I realize that it is New Year's Eve but our service was very poor! After a long wait, 2 waiters came by to take our order, one after the other. It was a very long wait then until any food arrived. When my dinner arrived, it was enough to change the mood at the table. The shrimp were scooped into a pile it a few walnuts (not candied as they used to be). The garnish was several celery center stalks and a huge carrot flower (??). This was always our go-to restaurant for guests but I would not want to bring anyone here after this.

To top things off, no one asked if everything was okay (i think they knew already) and we had the bill from another table delivered. Other food ordered was adequate but not what we have been used to expecting and certainly not worth the prices.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We have partonized this restaurant since they first opened. We just ordered takeout and to say the least we are very disappointed. We were told the order would be ready in 20 minutes. My wife walked in and the ticket was there but the order had not been started. After waiting at least 10 minutes we arrived home to soggy greasy spring rolls and less than stellar duck and chicken. We had made this restaurant our new years treat with all of the family for the last few years but unfortunately that will change.

It's sad to see such a great restaurant go downhill like many others.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We go to Eastern Pearl at least every other month for lunch and occasionally for dinner. My wife is Korean and for more than 20 years, she has been a part of the restaurant industry. She is very selective and knowlegable concerning which Asian restaurants she is willing to eat in. There are only a few that meet her standards for food quality and cleanliness and this is one of her favorites. I just go because the food taste is so excellent. The quality of service is primarily based upon the ability of the staff to understand English and most of the time they do well.

Reviewed July 27, 2009

My husband and I have been to Eastern Pearl several times and have never been disappointed in the food or service. This is definitely the best chinese in Altamonte Springs. Great spring rolls, kung pao chicken and the entrees are big enough for two. Not the liveliest atmosphere though.