“FREE Dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of TooJay's

TooJay's
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yulee, Florida
“FREE Dessert”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been seeing a friend of mine "check in" on Facebook at Toojay's for years. Finally decided to give it a try myself. The Reuben was probably the best I've had South of NYC, & the manager comped my dessert since I was a first timer. I took his (& my server, Debbie's) suggestion, & ordered. The Chocolate Cheese Delight... & boy was it! If you haven't tried them, look for one & don't hesitate to walk in!

Ventura, California
“Deli fix - (almost) as good as New York”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The title says it all. Any time I need a good hot pastrami on rye, here is where we go. Although the meat is not stacked even half as high as at, say, the Carnegie Deli in Manhattan, it is at least consistently very good meat. And there is very little wasted! TooJay's has all the usual deli delights, whether soups or sandwiches, soft drinks or iced tea. The wait staff is as personable as at most NYC style delis as well. The one thing I really miss at this establishment: half-sour pickles!

• Visited June 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, even better food. ”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Service was good, quick, kept our drinks full. Food was even better. Big sandwiches, great soup, and even better desserts. Still want to try this place for breakfast or brunch as I have not had the opportunity to. But from everything I hear its awesome.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Glad we came back”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

It has been years since we have been to TooJay's. Our previous experience has been that it was priced too high for what we got. So, when we got a coupon in the mail for half off a meal at TooJay's, we decided to give them another try. We are very glad we did. First of all, even though the line was about two thirds of the way to the door, we were seated in a reasonable time. Our service was attentive, if not a bit slow, but was still good. I had the pastrami reuben while my wife had the brisket sliders. Both were very tasty and the portions were huge. With the size of the sandwiches and the fries and slaw on the side, we ended up taking half of our food home. Finally, even without the coupon, our bill, including soft drinks, came out to about $23.00 before the tip. Not too bad for good deli food. Given that they are close to where we live, we certainly will try them again. I hear the Shepherd's Pie is awesome.

Visited June 2014
“What a sandwich!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Went here with my bro to grab a quick bite for lunch, knowing we were having a late dinner else where. I enjoyed the big chunks of chicken dijon salad platter though I thought it a little bland. My bro enjoyed a "Jaynormous" pastrami and roast beef sandwich. It was gigantic! It's supposed to be 1& 1/2 lb. of meat sliced and rolled up onto a sandwich. It wasn't really rolled though but it was thick! He could only eat half, and took the other half home. We should have skipped the Sampler Appetizer of onion rings, chicken tenders and potato skins; they were nothing special and our main entrees were filling enough. Atmosphere was warm, waitress was pleasant, smily, quick and attentive. Great deli. Go and enjoy!

• Visited May 2014