“A great place to go for breakfast”
Review of First Watch - CLOSED

First Watch
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We all know how simple breakfast is. We all know how difficult it is to mess up the food. However, finding a place that fits the bill all around tends to be the challenge. I have found that the Denny's and IHop's around this area leave much to be desired in terms of service. I have walked out of a Denny's at least 3 times since moving to the area because I waited too long to get any type of service. I mean, walking out 15 min after sitting down and not getting either coffee or water. I have tried another local place as well but it is not the cleanest place. First Watch is your all around restaurant.

Atmosphere - If you don't know where this place is, you will never find it. It is in the corner of a strip mall with no visibility to the street. Storefront is small but the inside is fairly big. It even has a room that can probably seat a large party. We came in for breakfast and probably the big issue for me was how cold it was in the place. I'd say it was a good 70 degrees in there. Probably save a few bucks in electric if they turn it down a few degrees. The place is clean and well kept. Almost looks new although I couldn't tell you how long they have been in business. They provide wifi connectivity (5Mbps down and 512K up). Not huge but adequate for surfing the web. I bring this up for those that work mobile. This place is great but if you need to send out large emails or possibly get on a VoIP call, probably may be ok if the place is not so busy. Other than that, there is ample parking due to the strip mall and really not much else to this place.

Service - Friendly service. Nice people. I was in a pretty good mood so I actually helped set the mood by asking our waitress to help me select some of the favorites on the menu. They came by often enough an prebussed accordingly. The water glass stayed full. If you are having coffee, they do leave a thermos of it so not too concerned about refills. Although, we ordered 2 cups of coffee and there was probably only enough for an additional 2 cups in the thermos. Probably done on purpose. Everyone working thee seemed to have a smile on their faces as well so that was all very good.

Food - I had a skillet which was good. The meat piece were tasty and was not over seasoned. The portion was not huge but big enough. If you are expecting giant portions plus a 3 stack of hot cakes to go with it, that is not gonna happen. Seemed like they designed their plates to be very specific portions. Another sign of a restaurant making good choices to keep their overhead low. The wife had what appeared to be some kind of bananas foster waffle or hotcake. This was delicious. My wife's favorite dessert is bananas foster and to be able to have it for breakfast was just heaven for her. Prices were ok. Not low but not too high. We dined for under $30 with tip.

Overall - Good place for breakfast. Definitely well executed dishes. The place is clean and folks seem to be familiar enough with the restaurant to frequent it.

1  Thank Jherome241
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Jherome241 - Thank you for dining with us! We sincerely appreciate your very detailed review and will share all of your valuable feedback with our team - it's always nice to hear from our guests. Overall we are happy you left impressed with the quality and taste of our breakfast and staff and we hope to see you again soon!

Jessica, First Watch Customer Service

There are newer reviews for First Watch

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My brother took me to this restaurant. Great food, and service. A neighborhood "spot." Can't wait to go back home and visit again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm not one to go out for breakfast because I am proudly particular with my palate. I've always seen the same ole things on the menu at other diners - eggs, bacon, sausage served in 6 different ways and then of course pancakes and waffles. No thanks, I'll pass. This place impressed me with creativly combined healthy options to start the day. Egg white, spinach, feta and turkey omelet served with tomato slices and fresh squeezed OJ. Nice! They had lots of fun choices to jazz up anyone's typical breakfast and also had a unique lunch menu too. Staff was friendly and entire restaurant was clean - even the bathrooms! Thank you for a great experience and keep up the great work!

1  Thank Kristen_Uj
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Even thought the temperature is always a bit warm inside, the friendliness of the staff and the great food is always a draw to go back. The specials are always unique and the quality is consistent. Try the granola banana pancake! It's heaven!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time this morning...good service...solid menu selections...reasonably priced with good portions...had the Acupolco Omelette...very good...