“My Favorite Island”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am doing this review for one reason and one reason only and I will tell you why after I make a few points.

The location is great, the outdoor seating is great and the music is fun. The food has gotten MUCH better with better menu selections over the years and I really enjoyed eating here with my friends last year. The lobster shrimp quesadilla is very tasty. I love the coconut shrimp (and I don't even eat coconut). The firecracker shrimp were really good and spicy without ruining my other food. The Jerk Chicken Pasta was creamy and good but in no way reminded me of the true jerk that you would get from a Jamaican's home. Having had the real thing, it was nothing like it but for a pasta dish overall it was still great.

Now, let's get to the real reason for this review. The Chocolate Island is THEE most delicious dessert I have ever had. I have had lots of desserts, some of which I have concocted myself but this is amazing. It is brownie topped with chocolate mousse (the light fluffy kind) then ganauche drizzled over the top and it is sitting in a beautiful pool of chocolate and vanilla anglaise. AMAZING!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went twice recently - my friend frequents the place lots, so servers all want him as he is a good tipper. Had a good coconut/fruity cocktail, then one of their lite dishes - fairly good. My friend always gets their chicken and pasta jerk dish, which he loves. They know exactly how to cook it for him - it was warm so we sat out on the patio, which is always nice in Florida. DJ was playing island music - a nice addition.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I live In Kissimmee and I was in town so I decided to visit Bahama Breeze in Altamonte Springs, it started out great we were seated right away. Then it took approximately 22 min for anyone to noticed we were waiting, I had to contact the manager and advise him of the long wait, after that the service was good and the manager was very nice he comp the app. All in all it turned out to be an Okay time.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't expect much from a chain, but the ahi salad was among the best presentations of ahi I've ever experienced. Very good server, too.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

To get the best from this restaurant, I think you need to love fish (which I don't!)

However, the shrimp we shared for appetizers were excellent (coconut, which is cool: I don't eat bread, and miss the crunchiness of breadcrumbs. This was delicious, coated in coconut).

I had an excellent steak salad and Susan had Jamaican Jerk chicken.

And, although I was driving and didn't drink, I was amazed that they knew (and had the Cachaça for) how to make a caipirinha.

And they only had fancy piña colada on the menu, they were able to make a classic for Susan, as she wanted.

No idea what the bill was, as friends were treating! But it was pretty full, so I guess it has to be reasonable.