“One of the Better Restaurants in the Area but with Plusses and Minuses”
Review of Cafe Murano

Cafe Murano
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Murano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Festival Drive
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“One of the Better Restaurants in the Area but with Plusses and Minuses”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stopped by for Pizza which, although high priced, was quite good. It was too cold to sit outside which is enjoyable when you can, because of the lake view. But this visit, it was very noisy where we sat. And it was so poorly lit that I couldn't read the menu. Good thing I knew what we wanted. One of the waiters had a pen light he was lending so it wasn't just me! They do have a nicely varied menu.; I brought one home so I could review it.

• Visited January 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Very good Italian food without blowing the budget”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Food is always good. Lots of different options if you want light or heavy. Calamari is excellent. Wonderful view outside and scenery. Great value for money.

Orlando, Florida
“One of the best places in Altamonte Springs!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The food, the service and the atmosphere is amazing here. This place was formerly Gina's. which was always a good place to eat. I would say the food is better now. The Steak salad is my favorite and the pizza made in the brick fire oven by the bar is always delicious. Thursdays and Fridays nights there is entertainment. Great place for a first date, romantic dinner, girls night out or a family celebration. Cafe Murano is amazing!

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“The more I know humans the more I love my dog!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Excellent place. I rather eat with dogs than nasty people blowing their noses. Cafe Murano has a beatiful view of Crane Roost Park, servers are very friendly. I live across Crane Roost so I am a regular customer at this restaurant. People in the area is dog friendly and one of the reasons this place is a must is because they are dog friendly, and they know well how to keep their customers coming back over and over.

• Visited December 2012
Orlando
“Dining with dogs!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We dined at Cafe Murano a few days ago. The weather was perfect for outside dining. Just after our cocktails were served a couple was seated next to us. Much to our surprise they had not one but two dogs. One of the dogs was a type of bull dog that snorted almost nonstop. It escaped from the owners lap and licked my friends leg. When our meal was served the server also brought the dogs a water bowl. We were anticipating a nice meal with a view and it certainly did not include noisy, poorly behaved dogs. We mentioned this to our server. Hoping she might ask them to move to another table . Not only was she not sympathetic she told us they paid extra to allow dogs on the patio. Fine, post a sign so that if you choose outside dining you know it may include dogs. I suggest you think this thru and have some guidelines and limit the number of dogs per table. As we left we also mentioned this to a gentleman who may have been a manger. He said he would check into it. Too late for us. We will not be back to a pricey restaurant ( our entree was $28-$30) plus cocktails and risk eating with animals.