“Dated photos - lucky to get one star”

Days Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Attending a week long class in Orlando recently, I booked the room for five days through Priceline. Although only $33 a night, this place was more of a Daze Inn rather than a Days Inn.

First and foremost, the motel is badly in need of renovation. The pictures on the Trip Advisor page were quite dated. The lobby, pool area and parking lot were dirty and not well maintained. The hallways were not well lit and had numerous burned out light bulbs.

The motel seemed to cater to drug dealers, prostitutes and those bordering on homeless.

I would never stay here with my family but ended up staying because all I needed was a place to crash at night while attending class during the day. Priceline does not offer a money-back guarantee on cancelled reservations.

My room constantly smelled like Lysol. I wasn't sure whether they piped it through or sprayed when I wasn't around although I kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door my entire stay. The one positive point about the room was the very hot water in the shower. I enjoy taking hot showers.

The free breakfast was nothing to rave about. Bagged muffins from Costco, Folger's coffee, boxed cereal, apples and a waffle maker. Only did breakfast once - starved the rest of the week.

Made the mistake once - won't do it again. Although staying here was much cheaper than where everyone else was in my class, sleeping in my car would have been safer...

/s/ William E. Lewis Jr., Fort Lauderdale, Davie, Cooper City, Florida.

Room Tip: Sleeping in your car is safer...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
jigna p, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

We are very sorry about your stay and would like to talk for futher assist please contact the holel at 407-788-1411

There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs

Reviewed October 1, 2013

No phone signal, I ask for towels to the maid\ the owner in front of me told her i need to brings old towel first, in a very rude tone, i went to get the old towels and when i pass by him he told me " you do not need to worried about our service anymore, that was so rude on his part. i will never stay here again.

Room Tip: nothing here is worse it for the price
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

We are very sorry about any inconvenients the you may had please feel free to contact the property at 407-788-1411 for furthe assist

Reviewed September 23, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
jigna p, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night after a wedding which was just down the street and we picked this one because it was very cheap and closest to the wedding location. Well you get what you pay for. The room was dingy and not well-lit. Definitely needs updating, the furniture looks old and worn. There were also stains on the comforter and blanket. The carpet was worn and coming up in places and had stains in a few spots. Bed was not very comfortable. Bathroom needs updating too, everything looks old and used. Pretty clean but I did find a few spots that were dirty. If I have to stay in this area again I will pick one of the other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very sorry for any inconveniances the you may had, your review would help us serve our guests better please contact the property for further assistance at 407-788-1411

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I found a cheap deal online and was excited about my stay as I saw some decent reviews. As I pulled in, I saw that the property was very dated and there were lots of riffraff on the premises which immediately gave me a bad vibe. It was a rainy weeknight and getting pretty late, and I was exhausted from my travels. As I went to check-in I had to wait behind a woman who appeared pretty annoyed. She was explaining to the clerk that she checked in to her room only to find that there was no power. The young lady at the desk was working feverishly to rectify the situation, but had no help, and the line in the lobby was growing. Twenty minutes later, I was able to get checked in and only hoped that I didn't have the same issue with my lights. My 'suite' had one queen bed, sofa, table, frig, microwave, and the bathroom was pretty tiny with a bit of wear and tear and some of the towels were dingy and stained. The lighting in the room worked, but was pretty poor, hiding the trash on the floor around the bed which I happened to notice when I woke up the next morning. Had I not been exhausted, I probably would have asked for a refund and went elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very sorry about your stay at our property, we do take very serious your review please contact the property so we can talk about this at 407-788-1411.