Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Fresh and clean”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a 5 night stay and couldn't have been more pleased. The recent renovations gave the hotel a very modern feel and was fresh and clean. Both the bed and pillows were comfortable.

We particularly enjoyed the included hot breakfast. The hot breakfast varied each day ranging from western omelettes, cheese omlettes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Things to count on each day included make your own waffle, hot oatmeal, cereal, fruit, and breads/bagels/muffins/danishes, etc. For the price we paid you can't beat it ($109/night before taxes, $120 after taxes).

We stayed in room 207 which was very quiet. Internet was free, so you didn't have to worry about those extra charges to your bill. Location was very convenient to I-4, Altamonte Mall and excellent places to eat nearby. I recommend Sweet Tomatoes for lunch and Bahama Breeze for dinner/drinks.

1 Thank Boltzycat
beezercf, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Louisville
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very clean and great value especially on the suite size rooms. The towels were so soft! Lots of room and amenities. Hamptons are usually very good but this one ranked over and above many we have stayed at before. It is a little hard to find but worth the visit.

Studham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a brand new Hampton Inn and it was such a fun change from previous Hampton's we've visited. The colors were great. The layout was user friendly. The staff is very happy to be there and enjoys each others company as well as their guests. The room was such a refreshing change to old style Hampton's. We visit this area about 20 minutes from Disney because our daughter attends college close by but it would be a good fit for anyone travelling to the Orlando area. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Goshen, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Very nice hotel. Tell front desk when you need housekeeping to come. Do not assume they will be there before you return. They were quite slow and often came around 5:00 p.m. Other than that, the environment was very clean, desk staff was very nice, nightly cookies very good, and the pool was new and never crowded. Breakfast staff was very cordial. Everything was good except the fruit was not so fresh.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It's NEW, so very clean. It's following the new Hampton Inn layouts, with smaller rooms, and bigger "suites."

I usually stay in the queen suite, but had a king regular room. Honestly, I like the smaller room. TV is closer to bed, and I don't need big. The only reason to get a suite would be if you need a mini fridge.
I like the new stand up stall showers so another plus.

Easy access to I-4 and local restaurants, mall, and any other type of retail you're looking for, so great north Orlando location.

Notes:
It's close to I-4 and in busy area. I'm from NY so I can filter out the noise, if you're not used to it or need quiet, may not work for you.

My review would have been excellent, but internet was very very slow both days and nights. I'm here on business, then I need good, fast reliable internet.
I'd still try it one more time next time I'm in town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Winston Salem
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was a great place to stay. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had to cut a day off our vacation and had to check out early and they did not charge us anything for the day early check out. We will for sure stay there again if we are in that area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed most recently at this location to be most disappointed.. Room with a King size bed and only one chair to sit in , we were awaken with a knocking on our door at 930 which was housekeeping and then I had given prior written authorization to run my card as my SO would most likely arrive before I did and it was for the room and taxes and then after departure I see they authorized and put on hold an additional $20.00 to which was never mentioned even after my calling that morning to make sure all was in order.I have already notified corporate through the web site and their response was I should have let the mgr know, most likely i would have but couldnt find any way to contact other than a phone and I spend my entire day at work on the phone....I told them without a doubt I wouldnt return and asked for a full refund per their guarantee to which I am still waiting on almost a week later as well as my $20.00 authorization to clear off.

Room Tip: I would suggest Marriot / Courtyard right down the street .