“Horrible management.”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed for a week.manager was no where to be found the only plus to my stay was a housekeeper named Yenny. Respectful and very clean. She should have been managing the place. At least she know what customer service is.
Front desk rude and loud. The place felt like a brothel. Needs a management overhaul. I could have done better.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed around 15 days at the extended altamonte and our room was cleaned just once. The advertising says once per week (7 days, right?), but there it happened just 10th day - and it works after my wife claimed 3 times for them in different days at morning. In addition, in some mornings they didn't have meal, only drinks. Take care with them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our soccer teams stay in many "economy" hotels but this was by far the worst. Check in was painfully slow mostly due to the fact that they didn't seem to get anybody's room reservation right. When we arrived, our rooms weren't ready and they told us it would be about 15 more minutes. 2 and a half hours later, we were still waiting. Once we got into the rooms, they reeked of cigarettes. The bedding was very old and I thought about buying some new sheets for our stay.
There was no ice in the building (a must for soccer players) and no legitimate breakfast. With so many hotels in the area i would definitely recommend staying some place else. Some of the parents tried to move. It was that bad. But with a huge soccer tournament in town there was nothing else available.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This place was the worst I have stayed at in a long long time. First of all it was just plain DIRTY. The room smelled very musty even though the window was wide open when I first walked in. Upon checking the sheets it basically looked like they had dragged them across the un-vacuumed floor before putting them on the bed. There were pieces of hair, dirt and dust all along the top of the sheets and the side table still had a sticky ring from a glass. You could also see that the pillows themselves were stained even through their pillowcases. It is one thing for a place to be bare bones, but it is completely unacceptable for it to be dirty. That is truly the only task a hotel has-provide clean rooms. I am really shocked there are not more poor reviews.This is a one star motel at the very best. The people are more "living" than "staying" there. At one point I was walking down the hallway behind a man wearing an ankle bracelet. That kind of sums up the clientele (other than those traveling on business from out of town who don't know any better). In addition the room was facing the highway and very noisy-and although booked together me and my colleague's rooms were at complete opposite sides and different floors from each other. Far more bare bones than many others in the area for only a little higher price. There are basically no amenities other than a bar of soap and towels-no shampoo/conditioner/lotion/ice machine/workout room/pool/ or even housekeeping. The rooms have kitchenettes, so you can smell what others are cooking thru the dirty and stained hallways and the bathroom contained an ash tray. Apparently smoking is optional which you could also definitely smell as you walked down the hallways. Completely disgusting for someone who is a non-smoker. This is not a hotel it's a slum!If you are a normal everyday traveler on a work or leisure trip you should avoid it no matter what the cost.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Anna C
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a nice and clean hotel for a great price. The room was clean and smelled good when we walked in. The bed was very comfortable. We were impressed with kitchen and bathroom cleanliness. The free Wi-Fi was great. the speed was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The room and bathroom were clean and mattress was fairly new. Kitchen really made me feel at home with full size fridge, dishes and pots provided.
Area is great with publix, a mall ,1 dollar movie theatre, and free access to Golds gym all close by.
Was there for two months and noise level was minimal, and facility seemed to be well kept including removal and steam cleaning of A.C. Units.
My only negative comment is to my neighbors general lack of courtesy with door slamming, loud conversation in halls and smoking in the halls periodically but not enough to say that it was regular occurrence.
Would recommend this location anytime!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken L
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We needed a stop-over hotel on our way to Sanibel. We made reservations late and were traveling with our dog. When the original reservation was made the name of the hotel was Homewood/Homestead Suites (or something like that). I booked through Priceline and pre-paid for the room. I wasn't expecting a lot for $95.00 plus $25 pet fee but it was just one night. At check in (where no identification was asked for) my name was on confirmation but the address was incorrect. I was told that this was because we had booked through Priceline.com. I told the lady in guest services (who was honestly very nice and polite and this review in no way reflects anything negative towards her!) that I had prepaid and she said that there had been a problem with my Mastercard. Funny because I only have Visa's - I ended up paying for the room and am hoping that when I check my Visa bill I won't have paid twice for this stay.

The hotel smelled musty and like smoking had only been banned about 3 hours prior to our arrival. The room was a nice size as was the bathroom. The kitchenette and full sized fridge was also very nice considering we were traveling with food. The bed linens appeared to be new and were in nice shape. That is about all the good I can offer.

There is no ice maker in the hotel - just ice trays in the freezer and honestly, I'm a little picky about tap water from just any faucet. We had to request new pillows as there were stains of some sort on one of them.

My family slept probably 1 hour total that night. There was constant door slamming, talking and general noise all night long. We kept the HVAC unit running on high to try and drown out some of the noise. At first I felt bad that our dog was 'ruffing a bit' but honestly, she was just a nervous wreck over the banging, slamming and carrying on that was going on throughout the building.

It looked to us as if this hotel was actually a home to many people. If that is true, my heart aches for them because those children we saw certainly deserve a quiet place to sleep.

I have never been more delighted to be up and in a shower at 4:30 am so that we could get out of the room as soon as possible.

This was a lesson learned and I can promise that I will never, ever again compromise quality for quantity.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lake_Norman_Crew
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I will take action to ensure that you were not double billed for your stay and the musty odors are addressed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, smoking is still allowed at this hotel property and though we try our best to keep non-smokers away from smoking rooms, we are not always able to accomplish this. Lastly, we sincerely apologize for the noise that you encountered. We do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention though.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nlc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.