“Perfect place for two golfers”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here because like the ability to be able to do a small amount of cooking{breakfast} and prepare some lunch while golfing in the area. Rooms were spacious, and most importantly clean and the beds very comfortable . Area in corporate area off I-4{ very safe area} but very quiet right next to the Hilton. Easy access to restraunts, shopping and plent of golf courses. Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast area nice with coffee, toat ,rolls and nutrition bars and fruit. Kitchens with stove ,micro and full size fridge. Must supply your own paper towels and cleaning products. bathrooms clean and shower works great. Flat screen TV with all the channels {ESPN and Golf}is great....Stayed 5 days average cost for each of us was $40 a night ....can't beat it... No maid service but not needed...Will definitely use again....I am puzzled by some of the negative reviews...I guess if you want more stay at Disney.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities that we offer here. Not only is cleanliness important but it is something that we take great pride in. My hotel staff and I would like to personally say, ' Thank You ' and we look forward to you coming back to visit us very soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Don't be fooled like I was into thinking you are staying at the nicer and similarly named HomeWOOD Suites (which was nice in Birmingham). This is a bare bones place. The sheets are itchy, bed hard, and the pillows make you wish you brought your own. The shower makes a horrible sound that makes you think the plumbing is going to shoot off and conk you on the head. Based on the noise happening in surrounding rooms, I'd bet this is not an isolated problem. The amenities do not include even the basics like a common ice maker. For the price, you can get much nicer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kimberly3333
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience in regards your recent stay at Homestead Studio Suites-Altamonte Springs.

We take pride in providing all of our guests with a clean, quiet and comfortable stay. Obviously, this was not your experience during your brief stay here with us. While we do believe that yours was an isolated incident, we sincerely apologize. We have researched, and will make great effort to improve upon the inconveniences that you incurred.

Homestead Studio Suites does offer all rooms with a well-equipped kitchen, full-size refrigerator/freezer ( ice-trays full at check-in ), microwave and two-burner stovetop.

Once again, we appreciate your response and hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Maurice Denson

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Talk about false advertisement- these are just rooms with two big beds in them, and a mini kitchen. Don't be fooled like we were. We thought that they were suites- meaning two separate rooms. The bathroom doesn't have any shampoo or conditioner either, it's real bare bones. The breakfast is a few muffins, don't expect a hot breakfast. What a rip off. We could have been at an excellent hotel for $20 more.

Room Tip: They are lying about it being a "suite"- it's just a room with two beds.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay here at Homestead Studio Suites- Altamonte Springs.

Unfortunately, it appears as though we did not meet your expectations in regards our advertisement of providing ‘suite’ rooms. I apologize.

All of the rooms provide our guests with a well-equipped kitchen, full-size refrigerator, microwave and two-burner stovetop. All of these amenities are in one ‘studio’ hotel room. Shampoo/conditioner, as well as other amenities, are available at our front-desk 24 hours. Breakfast was a recent addition to all of our hotels nationwide and includes coffee, breakfast bars, apples, oranges, muffins, hot-cocoa, and instant oatmeal.

We sincerely appreciate your choosing to stay with us here and hope that this helps clarify our advertisement as a suite hotel to you, and all of our potential guests.

Maurice Denson

Reviewed January 23, 2013

While the property is what you would expect from an extended stay hotel, the staff is friendlier and more helpful than most! I understand the notion of the twice-weekly cleaning for extended-stay guests, but I still feel that if these properties want to benefit from discounters (Travelocity, Priceline, etc.) they should offer "nightly rate" guests daily housekeeping services.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jake E
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The front desk staff (Dionne and Danielle <-----I think I misspelled her name ) by far was the reason this review received a very good rating! Good price value! We had an issue in the first room we were placed in but moved upstairs with no problems. I learned what the hotel industry calls a queen and king size bed are not what we, the guests call a queen and king size bed. We sleep in a queen at home, here the queen is a double or full. We "upgraded" to a king room, it was a queen bed. The bed in our king room was much more comfortable so we were happy. We stayed over seven days and received a "full-service" cleaning (vacuum floors, change sheets, empty trash, refresh towels, etc.) Well, I borrowed a vacuum from housekeeping the next day because it wasn't vacuumed, I had to request new kitchen towels because I was given mildew towels and I personally did a "wipe down" because it just wasn't cleaned to my liking! Staff was good about giving fresh towels and toilet tissue as needed. At one point I could smell the scent of dog and heard a dog barking, thank goodness that didn't last. The room doors are heavy and people are so inconsiderate by letting the doors slam (of course, not the hotel staff's fault). The hallways could probably use a more frequent cleaning. The room window opens....wonderful! View was of the pond and in the distant you could hear the interstate traffic, but it wasn't disturbing. We slept with the windows open a few nights. The hotel rooms are out of date. Our refrigerator sounded like it was going to take off or someone was busting through the door from time to time. The variety of cable channels is horrible unless you are a sports addict.....happy we weren't there for the TV! The good did out weigh the bad. Would I stay at Homestead again while visiting family.........stay tuned!

Room Tip: Request a 3rd floor king room (if two people) facing the pond or Northlake Blvd. Bring air freshener...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VAis4Lovers04

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.
In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

I hope by addressing these issues, we have taken the proper steps so that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love love love having a kitchen and that rarest of commodities – a screened window that opens wide. Yay, fresh air! Try to get a room on the lovely side with the pond and mature trees. Rooms at the hotel front are also nice views. Of course, that’s where everyone wants to be. Most of us have to settle for a highway-side room, which is obnoxiously loud, but my happiness about the kitchen + fresh air overrode that negative. Apparently you can stay here long-term, as well, at affordable rates, and for a longer-stay hotel this would be a great choice IF you can get a room away from the interstate (or chronic highway noise is not disturbing to you). Internet in my room was a little better than usual. Couple annoyances: supposed to be able to enter from the parking lot with your room key, but that didn’t work and I had to hike all the way around the hotel to the front lobby to get back in. With great frustration I informed the desk clerk about this and all I got was: “Yeah, that door is broken.” No apology, no assistance. Why were the desk clerks telling everyone checking in that there was easy access from the parking lot with your room key? And why was there not a sign posted at that door so you didn’t end up trapped out there? If you’re towing around kids or bags, or it’s late at night, this is a major inconvenience. Also annoying: the front doors do not open automatically, and if you’re struggling to get a luggage-laden hotel cart through them all by yourself, the desk clerks will not offer to hold the door open for you. They will ignore you, even if you’re struggling right in front of their eyes quite a while as I was. Other than these two issues, the desk clerks seemed very decent. But those problems were frustrating, and too easily solvable.

Room Tip: They have a few smoking rooms, and because the windows open and rooms get aired out, they’re not bad...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank TexasTableForOne

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

I do hope that you will let us demonstrate our improved efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

it is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean. Staff polite. It is located in a quiet area. It is a safe place to stay. I stayed here with my family in December. The rooms were large. The cleaning service was great. The bathroom was decent size. There is a nice kitchenette. There was a large TV on the room

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank peter s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
#4 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit Tower Blvd

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs? Share your experiences!