Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Camiguin, Philippines
“Great Staff”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

While the property is what you would expect from an extended stay hotel, the staff is friendlier and more helpful than most! I understand the notion of the twice-weekly cleaning for extended-stay guests, but I still feel that if these properties want to benefit from discounters (Travelocity, Priceline, etc.) they should offer "nightly rate" guests daily housekeeping services.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jake E
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Sincerely, Maurice Denson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The front desk staff (Dionne and Danielle <-----I think I misspelled her name ) by far was the reason this review received a very good rating! Good price value! We had an issue in the first room we were placed in but moved upstairs with no problems. I learned what the hotel industry calls a queen and king size bed are not what we, the guests call a queen and king size bed. We sleep in a queen at home, here the queen is a double or full. We "upgraded" to a king room, it was a queen bed. The bed in our king room was much more comfortable so we were happy. We stayed over seven days and received a "full-service" cleaning (vacuum floors, change sheets, empty trash, refresh towels, etc.) Well, I borrowed a vacuum from housekeeping the next day because it wasn't vacuumed, I had to request new kitchen towels because I was given mildew towels and I personally did a "wipe down" because it just wasn't cleaned to my liking! Staff was good about giving fresh towels and toilet tissue as needed. At one point I could smell the scent of dog and heard a dog barking, thank goodness that didn't last. The room doors are heavy and people are so inconsiderate by letting the doors slam (of course, not the hotel staff's fault). The hallways could probably use a more frequent cleaning. The room window opens....wonderful! View was of the pond and in the distant you could hear the interstate traffic, but it wasn't disturbing. We slept with the windows open a few nights. The hotel rooms are out of date. Our refrigerator sounded like it was going to take off or someone was busting through the door from time to time. The variety of cable channels is horrible unless you are a sports addict.....happy we weren't there for the TV! The good did out weigh the bad. Would I stay at Homestead again while visiting family.........stay tuned!

Room Tip: Request a 3rd floor king room (if two people) facing the pond or Northlake Blvd. Bring air freshener...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VAis4Lovers04
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.
In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

I hope by addressing these issues, we have taken the proper steps so that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Dallas
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love love love having a kitchen and that rarest of commodities – a screened window that opens wide. Yay, fresh air! Try to get a room on the lovely side with the pond and mature trees. Rooms at the hotel front are also nice views. Of course, that’s where everyone wants to be. Most of us have to settle for a highway-side room, which is obnoxiously loud, but my happiness about the kitchen + fresh air overrode that negative. Apparently you can stay here long-term, as well, at affordable rates, and for a longer-stay hotel this would be a great choice IF you can get a room away from the interstate (or chronic highway noise is not disturbing to you). Internet in my room was a little better than usual. Couple annoyances: supposed to be able to enter from the parking lot with your room key, but that didn’t work and I had to hike all the way around the hotel to the front lobby to get back in. With great frustration I informed the desk clerk about this and all I got was: “Yeah, that door is broken.” No apology, no assistance. Why were the desk clerks telling everyone checking in that there was easy access from the parking lot with your room key? And why was there not a sign posted at that door so you didn’t end up trapped out there? If you’re towing around kids or bags, or it’s late at night, this is a major inconvenience. Also annoying: the front doors do not open automatically, and if you’re struggling to get a luggage-laden hotel cart through them all by yourself, the desk clerks will not offer to hold the door open for you. They will ignore you, even if you’re struggling right in front of their eyes quite a while as I was. Other than these two issues, the desk clerks seemed very decent. But those problems were frustrating, and too easily solvable.

Room Tip: They have a few smoking rooms, and because the windows open and rooms get aired out, they’re not bad...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank TexasTableForOne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

I do hope that you will let us demonstrate our improved efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2012

it is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean. Staff polite. It is located in a quiet area. It is a safe place to stay. I stayed here with my family in December. The rooms were large. The cleaning service was great. The bathroom was decent size. There is a nice kitchenette. There was a large TV on the room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank peter s
Florida, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have only two issues.

1) Their electronic keys go bad for no reason and heaven forbid you arrive there at 11 pm or later after a night out, you cannot get into the hotel due to the front desk not being staffed till morning.

2) The beds are concrete slabs. If you have any plans on utilizing this facility for a true extended stay, I would suggest a minor investment in a mattress pad of sorts.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, November 2, 2012

I also appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us. Our Front Desk hours are from 7 a.m. until 11p.m., seven days a week.

All other needs outside of the aforementioned times are handled by our overnight staff, including the possible situation in which a guest may have left their keys in their room. Signage stating this is located above the “House Phone” in our hotel’s foyer.

I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Overall this one is ok. Clean and a couple of the front desk people are exceptional.
No dish plug in sink. I had to ask for that and a second fork. No kleenex available. Exterior lights not on two days out of this week . First night we said something and the desk person at first said I know. There is nothing I can do. Then said they would be repaired tomorrow. Next night lights on next night not. Next on. We think she didn't know how to turn on lights on.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank telephonegirlboydog
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.
I sincerely apologize that there wasn’t a sink stopper in your room, and the hotel lighting was not to your satisfaction.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. In response to your feedback, I have addressed the issues that you experienced with my staff.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nlc@extendedstay.com.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Katie Robinson
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Location was perfect and close to the mall, and restaurants. Overall, the room was very clean. Front desk staff was very pleasant, and helpful. I only stayed 1 night, but overall my experience on the property was great. Recommend this location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo