“I would Highly Recommend it.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Jacksonville, Florida
“I would Highly Recommend it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2007

I booked this hotel on Priceline, my first ever "name your own price" deal. I was hesitant at first. I did want a hotel room, but that was beyond Homesteads control. Our room faced I-4; however, I did not hear any traffic. Our first room had a few sugar ants around the sugar packets. Knowing sugar ants pose no problem, I didn't mind. The front desk clerks did mind though and insisted I move to another room. I thought that was awesome because they went above and beyond what they needed to.
The hotel rooms have different feels to them. The first room had an extremely large and roomy bathroom, while our second room had a normal bathroom but we had a chair/ottoman in our room. I liked our second room since most of our time was spent in the living area and not the bathroom.
I have to say though, on an end note, the front desk staff is more than kind. I cannot sing enough praises for them. They gave me detailed directions to Medieval Times, they asked how the show was when we came back. Overall, the hotel was a success!
Around it: Denny's, a New (lots of restaurants) Altamonte Square (out door shopping complex), and the Altamonte Mall is right around the corner. Publix is also around the corner (for your groceries). I-4 is literally around the corner.
I would HIGHLY Recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — The front desk staff was accomodating and actually cared about their guest
  • Disliked — I saw sugar ants for the first 3 minutes of my stay. Never saw them again.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ndmjax78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2007

Stayed here for several weeks and experienced progressively more bites on my limbs, probably resulting from some type of infestation. Met another guest with a similar experience. Management was grossly unresponsive. I eventually left. I personally saw dirt in the drawers and small insects (spiders or larvae?) near the bed. The abundance of pets in this hotel is probably the culprit. Recommend staying at Candlewood Suites, in the area. Much nicer and cleaner rooms.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
hmnlge, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, September 20, 2007
Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion regarding your recent experience at the Homestead Studio Suites – Altamonte Springs via the TripAdvisor website. Feedback such as yours is instrumental in maintaining our envied level of service within this industry.

I am truly sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. I trust that your lengthy stay, as mentioned in your statement, indicates that many aspects of your visit were agreeable. We are complimented daily on our service, cleanliness, and amenities so I take your concerns, very, very seriously. I might add that it is extremely rare to have received a complaint of this nature. Because of this, I, along with my staff, have made your experience and what can be learned from it a priority. Your comments will be fully researched and all findings will be acted upon swiftly and accordingly. My management team is committed to meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations and appreciates any opportunity to bring our well established, dedicated level of service even higher. Becoming America’s number one family of extended stay hotels has given us the opportunity to welcome millions of valued patrons, like you, into our nearly 700 properties across North America. Our continued success is based on the simple belief that we reached that achievement one guest at a time. It’s a process I believe symbolizes our pledge to provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable prices. It’s always an honor to hear from our guests when we are doing a good job, but it’s a privilege to hear from a guest who cares enough to want us to do it even better.

If you should have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know.

Maurice Denson
Extended Stay Hotels
mdenson@extendedstay.com
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2007

Great room for the price. Very clean and close to everything. Would definitely stay there again if I needed to.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2005

Paid $64.89 including tax 2/05. Kitchenette with full sized refrigerator. Appeared to be an extended stay type of hotel. Had a "honor" pantry that had very limited soft drinks, a can for $2.25..better bring your own. High speed internet wireless for $3.99 but couldn't get it to work.

3 Thank Gary G
Sarasota, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2005

I arrived to learn that they had overbooked and my credit-card guaranteed reservation would not be honored. They provided lousy verbal directions to an alternate hotel.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank LoveToVacationFl
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2005

I stayed here for six weeks on business during the summer a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I had a free gym membership, my dog was happy there and the room was clean, comfortable and overlooked a pretty lake.

Definitely ask for a room overlooking the lake, they are quieter and having the view makes the room feel even larger.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and I liked the are because there was a mall, multiplex theatre, shops and markets all within 2 minutes driving time.

It's a great place to stay if you have to come to Orlando for work and don't want to deal with the theme park madness on the other side of town.

I only the wish the television would have gotten more cable stations.
All in all a good experience.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2004

The place had pretty thin walls, and since the doors didn't have any sort of mechanism that would allow them to shut quietly, it made for a very loud stay (doors constantly banging, loud enough to wake you up if you're trying to sleep past 8AM);

But otherwise, I was happy with the cleanliness of the hotel. It seemed fairly new; if having a full-kitchen is important to you (no oven, but has a stove-top, refrig, sink, some dishes etc).

Priceline bidders won't get 2 beds, but they did freely offer a rollaway, so that was nice (I never expect 2 beds at Homestead Suites when I win a priceline bid, which is the reason I avoid them, although having the kitchen was important this time).

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member