“Everything is wonderful at the Elephant Bar” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elephant Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

Elephant Bar Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
DELTONA
“Everything is wonderful at the Elephant Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have tried the Elephant Bar several times in the last couple months and each time we like it more than the last. The food is prepared quickly and served hot [with one exception] and is always so tasty. The Teriyaki Chicken Salad however has too much sauce and the salad kind of swims in it. Still it was a wonderful dish and enjoyed very much. Their cocktails are very reasonably priced and just as tasty as their food. Try this experience for a great evening out.
Join their club and get their coupons or watch the paper for their coupons and this place becomes even more exciting. Happy Hour also has special food menus however only in the bar.

• Visited October 2013

Orlando,Fl.
“Overpriced & High class with needed improvements”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

With 3 visits, I can say the food is bland. On my last visit I had salmon with cucumber sauce, steamed white rice and stir fired veggie, mostly broccoli stems, all bland had to use salt and pepper for flavor @ $12.95. My associate had the cheese steak with mushrooms, more roll than steak @ $11.95. Waited 15 minutes for table, when half the tables were empty. Service was slow and spotty. I will not return.......

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 1Trader
Orlando, Florida
“Great Salmon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had a 2 for 1 lunch special and really enjoyed it! We both had salmon - perfectly prepared. My daughter did comment that their gluten free menu was pretty limited, but we definitely enjoyed our meals.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DeniseTravels5
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“The good and the bad averages out to 3 dots”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

As a fairly new resident to Altamonte Springs, we make it a point to check out the area restaurants whenever we can. This place seems to have quite a buzz about it and seemed like a place that cant really go wrong based on how busy it was. However, it turns out to be just another well decorated tourist trap in the Florida area.

Atmosphere - This will get it is high regard. Very nice and spacious. Nice ambiance to the place and the lighting is just right for a great night out. There are a ton of diners frequenting this place so the air is very electric. Upon careful observation, a lot of the diners appear to either be tourists, folks on dates, or folks coming off of work. There were some families as well but I would say this was the minority. The place is not extremely themed that you can take out the few elements of the elephant, slap a new name on this place and you would forget what used to be here.

Service - NOTHING annoys me more than snooty staff. You work in the service industry, so don't be so arrogant. I dine A LOT and I am not one to dress up to go out to eat. I work from home so my regular attire is shorts and a tank top. We often leave home to dine in the evening and this evening was no exception. The waitress seemed to treat me like I was a bum. As if I was beneath her and why is she serving me type of attitude. We like to order wine with our meal and often order a bottle. In this case, we were asking about some of the wines on the menu and I got the impression that either she didn't know anything about it or just did not feel like I was worth talking to about it. If I could advise management of anything is to treat all your guests with respect. We ended up getting something we already knew. We are not ones to cause a scene so we just ignored it.

Food - It was ok to good. I had the shrimp and chicken jambalaya. Minimal spice to it and was not the most flavorful. I expected more spice. Not spicy but spice. Just did not do it for me. I have had more flavor come from a Chinese take out place. I think much of it has to do with keeping it mainstream for all. You can always add salt right? My wifes entree was not much better but unfortunately, it was so not memorable that even though I ate half of it, I don't remember what it was.

Overall - Its a chain. Albeit not a huge chain, it is still a chain. I have had better offerings from other chains like a Red Lobster, Macaroni Grill or Wildfire. With all the shortcomings this place had, I think I am being a bit generous with my 3 dots. There is a lot of room for improvement on the service and perhaps the food can use more flavor. I think if you are taking a date out to this place, they would probably like it because it does have a good vibe and you would probably get better service if you are dressed for a night on the town.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jherome D
Zellwood
“nothing great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

not enough food for the price I Would Not Make This A Place To Come When You Are Hungry And I Would Not Bring A Child. There Selection For Kids Is Not Good. The Atmosphere Wasn't to Bad.

• Visited March 2013