“Excellent caribbean ethnic food”
Review of Mi Apa Latin Cafe

Mi Apa Latin Cafe
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Alachua
Cuisines: Cuban
Alachua, Florida
“Excellent caribbean ethnic food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

If you're craving for excellent tasting Latin food you will not leave disappointed. The yellow rice and black beans are authentic tasty delicious; the way Caribbean food taste in the homeland. Food quality is very good and quantity is plenty to get full and take leftovers home. The flan dessert is delicious and such a comfort sweet treat.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Mitzi929

Alachua, Florida
“Great food but they ocassionally lose focus”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I love carribean/latin food and the food here is great. The menu offers quite a few appealing entrees and they have a nice selection of sides. We try different ones with each visit and have enjoyed them all. Particular favorites are the fried cassava and the black beans. The service is always good. The only downside is that the food is occasionally a touch on the cold side and once we had bits of plastic in our fruit juice (they carry a dozen or so different juices), like someone accidentally dropped a bit of packaging into the blender. Overall though the positive experiences far out weight the negative ones and we are elated to have them nearby.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michael B
Gainesville, FL
“Delicious and authentic Latin cuisine”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was very excited when they put this restaurant in Alachua. There is one in Gainesville (just as good) and I love it. The food is great. If you love good Latin food, you will love this place. Their arepas are delicious, their soups are terrific, and I have yet to have a meal there that I disliked. My wife loves the ropa vieja. Their roast pork is great as well. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. You should at least try it. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank donsanchez23
Springboro, OH
“Very good”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Driving by and looking for a place to eat. Stopped for Moe's but up close it lost any appeal. Mi Apa is just across the parking lane but turned out to be the kind of place I'm looking forward to visiting again. The food was very good, the flan was excellent. Truly outstanding. The black beans were also surprisingly flavorful. And the service was both efficient and cheerful. I would prefer to eat on plates and flatware that was recycled, but I'll go back even if it means eating off per-landfill plastic.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank dvomacka
Nashville, Tennessee
“The Issue is Hygiene”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was going to Moe's & decided to give Mi Apa a try. I got three items & an Inca Cola to go. The food tasted fine once I got home.

Here's where the problem arises -- as I was given my food to go, I watched an employee pull the portafilter out of their espresso machine to clean it. She knocked a spoon on the floor & then picked the spoon back up off of the floor to clean the grounds out of the portafilter. It does not matter if both items were to be cleaned separately -- it's nothing something a customer ever like to see.

It made me wonder what may have happened in the back while my food was being prepared.& hindered my ability to truly enjoy what would be a welcome respite from most of the food options in Alachua.

One can only hope this was an isolated event, but it will keep me from visiting Mi Apa again.

• Visited September 2013