“do not stay here! Nightmare with our soccer team!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alachua
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“do not stay here! Nightmare with our soccer team!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Hotel would not honor rate - had email confirmation and still charged 20.00 above rate and we had 11 rooms booked.Late at night and spring game in Gainesville. Jade (manager) was extremely unkind and rude. No wi-fi and dirty room! She did let us leave the next day without charging for the 2nd night!

2 Thank Merlynn K
Susan A, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Groveland, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Jade, Mystic and Karen went out of the way helping me to communicate with my family when I was traveling with my grandson and my cell phone failed to work.
Their honest concern and helpfulness made me feel at home.
Thank you ladies, you were awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Edilia for your kinds words. I will be sure to let Jade, Mystic and Karen know how happy you were with their service to you. We are all glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Eustis, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Let me first start off saying the staff was friendly (the only plus to our stay).

Other than that, nothing else about our stay was very good.

List of things wrong:

Door - no self-closer
Room smelled musty
AC knob not easy to adjust - rattled every time AC kicked on.
Bathroom dingy - curtain rod rusty - towels off-white
Bathroom lock didn't work
Metal portions of the clothes hangers were rusty
Shower dirty - soap bubbles on tile
Ironing board cover stained
Sink drained slow
Door jamb leading into breakfast room worn out and dirty
Fire extinguishers in cabinets, but are behind glass. No hammer to break glass in case of
emergency
None of the emergency exit lights on second floor were properly illuminated

If it wasn't for just needing a place to stay for one night and everything in the area being
booked, we would have left as soon as we checked in.

2 Thank Omar_in_Eustis
Thank you Omar for your review of our hotel. I see that you had many problems while you were staying with us. I would like to thank you very much for pointing out all these items. We have now fixed everything you had an issues with and because of your review we have made many changes. Next time you are in Alachua we would love to show you how your comments made such a difference. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Alachua hotels

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Check-in was quick and friendly. Desk gal was very accommodating. Our room was nothing fancy, but the bed was reasonably comfy. Cold a/c. Obvious attempt to update the breakfast room; basic items there ...but more than many other places. Lots of easy parking. Easy off/on from the freeway. Walk across the street to restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
danville,va
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Ugh.
We are 3 sisters traveling together. Two of us room together and the other one has a dog so we need a "pet-friendly" motel, and that limits choices. Usually they are perfectly fine but not this place !
We booked by phone the day before. Hotels in Gainesville were full due to some tournement so this is the place we ended up with, just outside of Gainesville. Possibly the worst place we stayed during a 2 week trip.
Sister & I were also given a "pet-friendly" room, possibly to be close to the other sister who needed one. I admit it was convenient- first floor with outside entrances , but DARK ! I don't think any lamp had more than a 40 watt bulb in it. Everything felt dingy and dreary. The raggedy towels were gray and you couldn't help wondering who had used them last. When I looked hard (through the gloom) the walls looked clean enough but the bathroom was dingy with dirty edgings around the walls. Then I didn't want to look too closely ! The beds were fairly comfortable but we couldn't wait to get out of this place and wouldn never go back !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you've ever tried to find a hotel last minute on Valentines day anywhere near a major city, you know how I ended up here. Having said that, it's not as bad as that makes it sound. It'll do for a night or two if all you really care about is not having to sleep in your car.

The rooms were decent and seemed relatively modern in the budget hotel sort of way. The bathroom was really just one step ahead of being dirty and while I don't use the hotel hand lotion, I cringed when I picked it up and saw some sort of I don't even want to know what kind of dirt and maybe some hair in the neck of the bottle, like in the threads underneath the cap. I immediately threw it in the trash and would have washed my hands but for the fact I was about to step in the shower.

The bathroom had both dirty grout and multiple stains on the walls. While the room was clean and didn't feel unsanitary, it gave the impression that corners were being cut in some rather obvious places. In room coffee in the morning was made with sweeteners that had crystalized. Maybe it's the humidity that Florida's famous for, but it tells me that turn over is a problem.

Like I said, if you just need a bed to sleep in, it's not bad, if you're looking for something more, sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Susan A, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This place has clean room newer beds and TVs. In the morning there is waffles, eggs and sausage. Dry cereal oatmeal and juice and coffee. Walk in rate was reasonable for the area. Pool looked clean. Was too cold outside when is was here to actually use. But was a great stay and there is lots of food options with in walking distance.
The only negative I had was wifi didn't work to well on my iPad and iPhone in the room itself. But everything was good and people were very pleasant. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Cliff
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. It is comments such as yours that keep us going and want to improve our product so other people can enjoy our property just like you did. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alachua
Best Western Gateway Grand
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#8 of 44 in Gainesville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!