“Just fine for a stopover. Would stay again.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alachua
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Just fine for a stopover. Would stay again.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Check-in was quick and friendly. Desk gal was very accommodating. Our room was nothing fancy, but the bed was reasonably comfy. Cold a/c. Obvious attempt to update the breakfast room; basic items there ...but more than many other places. Lots of easy parking. Easy off/on from the freeway. Walk across the street to restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
danville,va
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Ugh.
We are 3 sisters traveling together. Two of us room together and the other one has a dog so we need a "pet-friendly" motel, and that limits choices. Usually they are perfectly fine but not this place !
We booked by phone the day before. Hotels in Gainesville were full due to some tournement so this is the place we ended up with, just outside of Gainesville. Possibly the worst place we stayed during a 2 week trip.
Sister & I were also given a "pet-friendly" room, possibly to be close to the other sister who needed one. I admit it was convenient- first floor with outside entrances , but DARK ! I don't think any lamp had more than a 40 watt bulb in it. Everything felt dingy and dreary. The raggedy towels were gray and you couldn't help wondering who had used them last. When I looked hard (through the gloom) the walls looked clean enough but the bathroom was dingy with dirty edgings around the walls. Then I didn't want to look too closely ! The beds were fairly comfortable but we couldn't wait to get out of this place and wouldn never go back !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you've ever tried to find a hotel last minute on Valentines day anywhere near a major city, you know how I ended up here. Having said that, it's not as bad as that makes it sound. It'll do for a night or two if all you really care about is not having to sleep in your car.

The rooms were decent and seemed relatively modern in the budget hotel sort of way. The bathroom was really just one step ahead of being dirty and while I don't use the hotel hand lotion, I cringed when I picked it up and saw some sort of I don't even want to know what kind of dirt and maybe some hair in the neck of the bottle, like in the threads underneath the cap. I immediately threw it in the trash and would have washed my hands but for the fact I was about to step in the shower.

The bathroom had both dirty grout and multiple stains on the walls. While the room was clean and didn't feel unsanitary, it gave the impression that corners were being cut in some rather obvious places. In room coffee in the morning was made with sweeteners that had crystalized. Maybe it's the humidity that Florida's famous for, but it tells me that turn over is a problem.

Like I said, if you just need a bed to sleep in, it's not bad, if you're looking for something more, sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Susan A, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Travelers are raving about these Alachua hotels

Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This place has clean room newer beds and TVs. In the morning there is waffles, eggs and sausage. Dry cereal oatmeal and juice and coffee. Walk in rate was reasonable for the area. Pool looked clean. Was too cold outside when is was here to actually use. But was a great stay and there is lots of food options with in walking distance.
The only negative I had was wifi didn't work to well on my iPad and iPhone in the room itself. But everything was good and people were very pleasant. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Cliff
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. It is comments such as yours that keep us going and want to improve our product so other people can enjoy our property just like you did. We hope to see you again soon.
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This place was nasty. Breakfast was cold and nasty, employees were rude. There was hair in the sink and tub of the room, and on the sheets, the pool had trash all in it. Terrible place. I was very unhappy with this hotel, DEF will not be back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Harold E
Dear Harold.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent visit. As we pride our self's on our customer service and we spend many hours training our staff how to treat all our guests I was most surprised to read that you were met with rudeness. I have talked to all departments from housekeeping to our maintenance team and I can assure you if you were to give us another chance you would not experience these problems again.
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Front desk person was very nice. Rooms were very clean. Very handy access off the interstate. We enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast, and found there was something for both of us. I have a restricted diet, but was able to enjoy what they had to offer. My sister is in a RV park in the area for the winter, so this will be somewhere where we can stay when we visit her and her family.

Room Tip: We were given a room that was very sound proof, and at the end of a hall, because I had mentioned to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jean

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Imagine 7 hours of driving in the pouring rain encountering 8 accidents along the way resulting in a 2 & 1/2 hour delay. You are hungry, tired and you just can't drive 1 more mile.
Suddenly you are in Alachua,Florida and see a Quality Inn sign that says, "CLEANEST ROOMS IN TOWN" You say "Thank you,Universe" and rent a room for the night.
Then you open the door to the room and are surrounded by filth to the point that you have to sleep with your clothes on. Would not sit on a couch, touch a lamp and the toilet roll was 3/4 gone and shredded as if someone just used it. Disgusting. Shame on them

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank valerie115
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alachua
Best Western Gateway Grand
#9 of 24 in Lake City
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
#15 of 44 in Gainesville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!