“Not enough words to describe it!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alachua
“Not enough words to describe it!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It looks like back to the past (instead of to the future...) Hotel has a "moldy" smell. As soon as I arrived a weird headache was felt. Mold anyone!!! Rooms are so outdated and to top it off, the price being paid its ridiculous... Complained to the front desk and the response was we have a odor fighter can we spray it??? Tried another room and it was worse... Complained to the choice corporate office. Will update later. Overall: Look for another place please.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel seems overpriced for what it offers. I didn't mind the fact that the hotel is old, but I did mind the fact that the phone in my room wasn't working, and the Internet was on and off. My room smelled stale when I first entered. Comfortable bed, however. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I had noisy neighbors and the rooms are poorly insulated for sound, so I was woken up too early when they checked out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Monica F
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I took a chance and stayed at this hotel rather than my usual hotel in the area.....BIG MISTAKE! The property has exterior entrance doors to the rooms. This should have been my first warning (old). The rooms are in dire need of upgrading. Carpet and furniture needs replacing as well as a good coat of paint. Also, housekeeping could have done a better job of cleaning the room. Another strange thing I noticed was all the lights were OFF in the lobby when I checked in. I feel as though that goes a little bit too far on conserving energy. The only positives I can say is the WIFI worked well and the property is very close to I-75. If traveling on I-75 in this past of Florida, choose a hotel in Gainesville.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Alachua hotels

Reviewed November 26, 2012

After finding and reporting a tick sized bedbug in my bed, not only did they not offer me any refund, they asked me to leave the hotel! Stating that the building needed to be closed and they had no other room to offer me!
They made it seem as though I had given them bedbugs!!
I have never in my life experienced bedbugs until my stay at this Quality Inn!!! I reported them to the health dept. and advised their corporate offices, who also offered me NO compensation for the 734.00$ I had spent staying there!!
Now, I have to pay to have every single item of mine that was in the room to be properly cleaned and for my luggage and my vehicle to be treated with chemicals as well!!
VERY UPSET,INSULTED & DISAPPOINTED IN QUALITY IN ALACHUA FLORIDA @ I-75 & HWY.441

I ALSO HAVE A PHOTO OF THE BEDBUG TO SHOW ANY AND ALL THAT I CAN! To prevent this from happening to anybody else!!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Jburrd
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at many Quality Inn that was very clean but this location needs better housekeeping or new manager. This is not the only complaint others have the same dirty rooms. My advice is do not stay there,i know i will not. WE stayed the night because it was getting late and we had a 4 year traveling with us ,hope this helps.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith P
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very clean. Very friendly. Cathy & June went out of their way to figure out how to take our payment method. It was late and we had attempted to get a room next door, but these ladies made everything go smoothly. Paula made an awesome breakfast - great variety from cereal to fresh waffles! Everything worked out perfectly. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm not sure I can say anything nice about this hotel. I stayed on a Saturday night and checked out on Sunday. It is a very old motel that is in the process of being updated, but my room was not. First, when I checked in, the person behind the desk was on the phone. She was somewhat rude to both the person on the phone and also to another staff member. I had to wait nearly 10 minutes for her to check me in. She put me in room 134. The room looked like something out of the 1960's. There were cracked tiles in the shower. I found 4 different bugs in the room (3 were flying and one was a roach). I needed to use the iron, but someone had taken the plug for it. I went to the front desk and the clerk brought me another iron. This one had gunk on the iron so I had to use a towel over my clothes because I didn't want gunk on them. The towels (only 2) in my bathroom were threadbare and needed replacing. The next day, as I was preparing to leave, I wanted to get some ice for the road. None of the ice machines were operating! I would not stay in this hotel again. For $95, it was way over priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alachua
Best Western Gateway Grand
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#9 of 44 in Gainesville
DoubleTree by Hilton Gainesville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!