“BEDBUGS!!”

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alachua
“BEDBUGS!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

After finding and reporting a tick sized bedbug in my bed, not only did they not offer me any refund, they asked me to leave the hotel! Stating that the building needed to be closed and they had no other room to offer me!
They made it seem as though I had given them bedbugs!!
I have never in my life experienced bedbugs until my stay at this Quality Inn!!! I reported them to the health dept. and advised their corporate offices, who also offered me NO compensation for the 734.00$ I had spent staying there!!
Now, I have to pay to have every single item of mine that was in the room to be properly cleaned and for my luggage and my vehicle to be treated with chemicals as well!!
VERY UPSET,INSULTED & DISAPPOINTED IN QUALITY IN ALACHUA FLORIDA @ I-75 & HWY.441

I ALSO HAVE A PHOTO OF THE BEDBUG TO SHOW ANY AND ALL THAT I CAN! To prevent this from happening to anybody else!!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Jburrd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at many Quality Inn that was very clean but this location needs better housekeeping or new manager. This is not the only complaint others have the same dirty rooms. My advice is do not stay there,i know i will not. WE stayed the night because it was getting late and we had a 4 year traveling with us ,hope this helps.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith P

Travelers are raving about these Alachua hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very clean. Very friendly. Cathy & June went out of their way to figure out how to take our payment method. It was late and we had attempted to get a room next door, but these ladies made everything go smoothly. Paula made an awesome breakfast - great variety from cereal to fresh waffles! Everything worked out perfectly. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm not sure I can say anything nice about this hotel. I stayed on a Saturday night and checked out on Sunday. It is a very old motel that is in the process of being updated, but my room was not. First, when I checked in, the person behind the desk was on the phone. She was somewhat rude to both the person on the phone and also to another staff member. I had to wait nearly 10 minutes for her to check me in. She put me in room 134. The room looked like something out of the 1960's. There were cracked tiles in the shower. I found 4 different bugs in the room (3 were flying and one was a roach). I needed to use the iron, but someone had taken the plug for it. I went to the front desk and the clerk brought me another iron. This one had gunk on the iron so I had to use a towel over my clothes because I didn't want gunk on them. The towels (only 2) in my bathroom were threadbare and needed replacing. The next day, as I was preparing to leave, I wanted to get some ice for the road. None of the ice machines were operating! I would not stay in this hotel again. For $95, it was way over priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 7, 2012

After spending one night at the Econo Lodge adjacent to the Quality Inn in Alachua, FL, I thought I'd have to stay in Gainesville to get a decent room. I took a chance, considering the poor reviews on TripAdvisor, and checked out the Quality Inn. Although the lobby was deserted when I arrived (I wondered if the clerk had been abducted), she showed up after 15 minutes and apologized for not being at the desk. Apparently, a guest had broken a glass bottle in either the hall or parking lot as she had cut her finger picking it up. Anyway, I booked a King room for the night, but ended up being so delighted with the condition of the room that I immediately called the clerk from my room and booked it for the remainder of my stay in the area.

Upon entering the room, I noticed that the bed looked clean and inviting. The carpeting appeared new and the room smelled fresh. The decor was attractive and welcoming, with one wall painted a warm mustard or gold featuring coordinating framed prints. A comfortable love seat gave the room a cozy feel. There was ample lighting and all the lamps worked (not so at the Econo Lodge next door)! The bathroom was clean, although it could have used a more careful vacuuming, and the shower just right. Included in the room were a small refrigerator and microwave, plus a TV, of course. The A/C worked perfectly. Best of all, the bed was made with crisp, clean sheets and a snugly comforter, plus four fluffy pillows to sink my head into.

The free breakfast choices consisted of: do-it-yourself waffles, two different cereals, scrambled eggs (real, not powdered), sausage links, a selection of breads, grits, juices, fruit and good coffee. I'd definitely stay there again and, at $67/night (AAA discount), would say it's a GREAT value!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sweden
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Needed a place to rest while on a roadtrip, and ended up in Quality Inn Alachua. Got a room in building 2, away from the main building, and found it a bit run down. Quite alright for a night on the road, but would not want to stay longer.

Front desk was friendly and welcoming, a nice complimentary breakfast with some hot items (scrambled eggs and sausages). Overall value was ok. Once again you kind of get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
north geogia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here previously 4 years ago on a combined business/pleasure trip. The rooms have been renovated and updated since then. Much nicer than before. This is an older property but is in good shape. Nice grounds, bbq pit and large pool. Breakfast area is spacious, looks like it was built as restaurant originally. Location is easy access to 1-75, with Gainesvile a quick trip. Only downside was they were understaffed on a busy football weekend, but this was a minor factor however the limited staff was somewhat harried. I will continue to stay here when possible.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the backside. Much quieter and better scenery.