“Mexican food lover.”

Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Avon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went to grad school in Texas and lived in Austin for awhile. I received a pretty good education in high quality Mexican and Tex-Mex food and I have no problem recommending Puerto Vallarta. The ingredients are fresh and the service is friendly and prompt. If you want good Mexican in Avon, this is it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We moved into the area more than 2 years ago and had driven by Puerto Vallarta on an almost daily basis. We never gave it much thought because the outside of the building frankly made it look like a dive. However, yesterday, we took a chance and decided to eat there. I am so glad we did! The inside is welcoming and lively. It is a wonderful family restaurant. It has a wonderful atmosphere. The food was wonderful. It tastes fresh and was full of flavor. Portions are huge - certainly large enough to share and worth every cent. The only negative aspect is that service is a little slow. The servers are friendly and definitely know the menu inside out, but it takes forever for them to turn up to take an order and then the food takes a very long time to be served.

I would certainly recommend Puerto Vallarta!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Go there quite often. Good food and portions. Guacamole is made right at your table. There is always someones birthday and they will sing.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

This was my second wedding anniversary and somehow we always having Mexican and tequila. I have to say that Alejandro was the best Bartender/Server I have ever experienced and we never mentioned it was a special day for us. The food was amazing and the drinks were beyond exceptional. I don't care what anybody says, come here - sit at the bar and enjoy.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I don't mean to make this sound snooty, but if you've ever had the joy of authentic Mexican food, you probably won't care much for this restaurant. Mexican food can be so fresh and light, but much of this restaurant's food seemed to be heavy, greasy, and gloppy. It seems to cater more to people who want lots of food, rather than people who want really good and authentic food. There are so many distinctive flavors in Mexico that vary greatly from dish to dish and region to region, but this menu seemed to be rather homogenous. I didn't even want to take the left-overs home.

1  Thank ConnecticutLocavore

Been to Puerto Vallarta Restaurant? Share your experiences!