“Good, not great”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a nice place to stop for Thai food.
Most of the sauces are excellent, and they will spice it up for you if you ask beforehand. It's also one of the few Thai places that haven't been "Chinesified" and "Americanized" too much. Plus for that!
They also have a lunch menu, and serve lunch fast enough that it's usable for lunch during work days.

However, there are a couple of negatives:
- The staff. Especially the older woman who works there seems like she doesn't care about customers one bit. No smile is ever returned. Food is dumped on the table, and she turns her back on you while you talk, leaving you talking to her butt. Not nice, and certainly not what you expect from "the friendliest people on Earth".
- Food freshness. Yes, vegetables are fresh. Fish and shrimp, on the other hand, can be rather past the "best by" date. I'm sure part of this is due to fish not being a big hit with New England diners, but if you can't serve it fresh, don't serve it. Period.
- Drinks: Their "juices" aren't juices. Expect Minute Maid or similar poured from a plastic bottle and overly sweetened, not freshly squeezed. Go for the tea instead.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a small family run business that is well worth the stop. The food is very fresh, service is pretty good and you get a good size portion of food. Try the ice tea- it is very unique and tasty.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My favorite restaurant in the area. Consistently great food, service is excellent, you can tell the owners care about making sure everyone that comes in has a top-notch experience. Drunken Noodles, Pad Si Eow, Thai Fried Rice, Summer Rolls, and the Mango Curry are stand outs. And, if you must, the Coconut Ice Cream is decadent. It's one of those places that I enjoy taking friends and colleagues who have never been and then see them back weeks later to show off their great find. Fabulous.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The restaurant shares a building with several other businesses, and we wandered around for a while before we found the actual entrance, since it was not clearly marked by anything. Once inside, the place was decorated beautifully, very small and cozy. I was extremeley excited for my sweet thai iced tea, one of my favorite all time beverages. The place is byob, but we didn't feel the need for anything. We ordered the fishcakes, which were although perhaps a tad rubbery in texture, were delicious, and served with a sweet and flavorful dipping sauce. We had the red curry and one of their house specialty dishes with ground chicken and thai basil. Although the curry was good, the sweet coconut flavor was too overpowering for me. The chicken dish was incredible though, like nothing I've had anywhere else. Neither dish was too spicy, we sampled a trio of thai hot sauces that they brought over for us. The service was friendly, and the place was filling up as we were leaving. I hear great things about the restaurant everywhere I go, and now I know it's because it has delcious, authentic thai food in a great location and cozy setting.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Probably the best Thai around! BYOB with a cool little package store in the next building down. They will make things spicy (marked with a chilli on the menu) so make sure you tell them what your spice tolerance is. They will gladly tone down the spiced up dishes if you ask them to. The only draw back is that the restaurant and patio area are small.

Been to The Elephant Trail? Share your experiences!