“Poor food handling pratices”

Luke's Donut Shop Incorporated
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Avon
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I walked in to the shop and observed a gentleman behind the counter consolidating donuts onto one tray with his bare hands. When I ordered my donuts he began to pick my donuts up with a piece of paper but put them in the bag with his bare had when he thought he was out of sight. I was completely disgusted when he began to cough and sneeze. I questioned him about his food handling practices and was told to leave and never to come back to his business. He next threatened to call the cops on me and followed me out of the store. All I wanted was donuts not the flu!

4  Thank kujoque

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I tried pizza from Luke's for the first time, and it was amazing. It is just like Luna's pizza although half the price. Its pizza, not gold. Very cheap to make, and they don't over charge. Highly recommend this place. I also tried the chicken wings, outstanding! My new favorite pizza place!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A weekend treat. The donuts and coffee are a local tradition. The owners are friendly and make an effort to get to know you. A great neighborhood hangout.

1  Thank BusinessTraveler967
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

A coworker brought in doughnuts from Luke's for us to try and I thought they were amazing! Doughy in the middle but crunchy on the outside, all in the perfect proportion. I'm actually shocked to see the other unfavorable reviews. While I've never actually been to the location, and I've never had a doughnut from the previous Luke's owners, I know a good doughnut when I eat one and this is where to find it. Present tense. Fresh and tasty.

1  Thank ActiveAdventuress
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was told that this was the place to go for donuts. It was just okay which is not okay if you are watching calories and want to spend them on quality.

Been to Luke's Donut Shop Incorporated? Share your experiences!