“A great chain restaurant, but not quite as good as the locals”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #33 of 61 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I found the hamburger surprisingly delicious, and, considering that the cooks smashed it down (yep, it bothered me, too), it remained adequately moist. Much better than any other national chain's hamburgers, and almost, but not quite, as good as some of the locals. Fries come with the skins on, and an order is truly enormous. They are delicious but quite greasy; I'd rather have a less greasy fry. The restaurant atmosphere is cold and uninviting; I couldn't wait to get out in the sun again. All in all, I recommend this place, especially for families. It's so much quieter than Plan B in West Hartford, for example, so the kids won't be overwhelmed, and they can have whatever toppings they like.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love a good burger. The fascination people have with this place across the nation is beyond me. The burgers are mediocre and the fries are overrated. Is it a big deal that you can "customize" your burger? It think there is another fast place who once had the slogan "have it your way."

I could see this being a good place for people with kids who are looking for food on the go and don't want McDonald's, but there are 15 better burger joints within easy driving distance. J Timothy's, Plan B, Max Burger, Counter Burger....

Reviewed June 4, 2011

My family LOVES Five Guys! Love the portions and prices. Love the delicious fries. Love how you can totally customize your burger. Love the Coke products. Love the free peanuts! Did I mention that we love this place?!

Reviewed March 31, 2011

It's good but really the first rule of cooking a burger is NOT to continually flatten the patty on the flattop and squeeze out the yummy juice. I find the burgers a little dry and can only imagine how much better they would be with less bruttle treatment with the spatula. And the fries. Can I get a small order? They are excellent but I don't need to add an inch to my waist at one sitting.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

The burgers here are fabulous. A total guilty pleasure for lunch or dinner. Service is fantastic. The people working here are great. Absolutely one of the best places to grab a quick bite in the Farmington Valley. Warning: Fries portions ARE HUGE!

Been to Five Guys? Share your experiences!