“YUM!”
Review of The Grist Mill and One Up Bar - CLOSED

The Grist Mill and One Up Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Our new location on 2nd floor in Avon is accessible by elevator or walk in upper parking lot. It has a metro feel and boasts a view of Talcott Mountain. The spacious covered terrace is quiet and secluded. The advantage of being on the 2nd floor it keeps us well above and away from any street traffic. The terrace has also been voted Best Of in Connecticut.
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Rhode Island calamari! Loved the frittatas as well. very tasty, lots of flavor. good service and bartenders. met the owner - very nice guy! Will be back again!

There are newer reviews for The Grist Mill and One Up Bar

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a very good lunch. This was our first time there and we will go back again and we look forward to trying the dinner menu. I never had a seafood sandwich before and it was delicious. My husband had the reuben and said it was very good. The service was very good and the decor appealing. We will be back.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The best Reuben I had ever had was in Farmington over 30 years ago. When traveling to Connecticut recently, I discovered that the folks from Farmington are now in Avon at the Grist Mill. I had the Reuben and it is still the best I have ever had. My partner had the Gnocchi which was also excellent. We ate in the tavern. Nice atmosphere, great service, very reasonable prices and great beer too! We can't wait to go back the next time we are in Connecticut!

1  Thank Gil G
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was so looking forward to a wonderful meal, but was very sadly disappointed. Aside from our waitress who was outstanding, the food was awful. We have eaten in just about every restaurant in this category in CT and this one, for this price, doesn't come close. I am really sorry to have to write this review, but the food was less than mediocre. We will not return.

2  Thank Scmd1
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Grist Mill moved to a new location.We went for lunch. The restaurant was very quiet, had a very nice waiter and very patient with us when he had to describe the lunch special twice. The tables all had white table cloths, we sat in a booth near a window. I had the seared seafood sandwich with sweet
potatl fries, cold slaw(a bit bland) and pickles. The sandwich was absolutely delicious, chuck full of seafood. My friend had the special salad of the day, mesculun greens, pears, grapefruit, cheese and added grilled chicken,she loved it. Wine prices were normal for location. When I return to Ct, will visit the restaurant for dinner.