“Great food!”

Lyme Grill
Ranked #37 of 63 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great food!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went there on a Monday night to watch football with friends and thought the food and service was great ! I definitely would go back!

Avon, CT
“Nice casual dining.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Lime Bar is a very pleasant experience. The view from the outside terrace is very nice, the menu is nicely varied and very well prepared. The staff is very attentive and the whole atmosphere is very relaxed. If you are into sports, the bar is a great place for viewing.

Visited September 2012
“DELICIOUS!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's a hidden treasure!! Whenever you're in Avon & you're looking for great food & an amazing atomsphere, this is a good spot! The food is delicious. I'm addicted to the bocci balls!! I usually get 2 orders!

The drinks are good & there's always some type of new drink to try.

Service is great & the place is super spacious. If want to mingle you can sit @ the bar or if u choose to have more intimate dining experience, there's seating that's away from the hustle & bustle of the bar.

You can't go wrong with this spot!

“Not great, but I'd give it another try”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I arrived around 7:30. A solo guitarist was warming up and was decent, sang popular music and some old rock favorites. Although there was no one to greet us when we arrived, a waitress spied us and came over. We wanted to sit outside so she said there was one table left and we could have it. After we sat, she came out and sprayed the table, getting cleaner all over our legs...not such a huge deal. The menu had some decent sounding dishes at reasonable prices. My husband ordered the salmon burger, which he said was okay. He ended up taking it off the ciabatta bad bun because the bread was spongy and felt day old to him, but he did say the fish itself was very good. I ordered the herbed goat cheese stuffed chicken breast, which came with broccoli rabe and potatoes. The chicken was a bit overcooked so there wasn't much cheese stuffing left to enjoy and there was a GIANT mound of broccoli rabe and it was overcooked as well. The flavor of the chicken was good, just a tad bit overdone.

The biggest drawback was that it took nearly 40 minutes for us to be served. Yep, 40 minutes. You would think that the waitress would have given us our second drinks for free considering we had to wait so long...and the place was not packed. Full, but not over crowded. At one point my husband asked when it was acceptable to leave because the food was taking so long...I said 45 minutes...and voila! Our dishes arrived, overcooked.

The waitress we had was very nice, the patio had a nice ambiance, but some type of mosquito control would have been appreciated! The cost of the entire meal and drinks was reasonable, though, as I said above, e second drinks should have been on the house.

I would go back, probably for lunch, but my husband said he'd never go there again. Not impressed at all. Oh well.

1 Thank Sugarjo62
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I can't stop coming back!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I will have to say that I am a restaurant and bar snob. I always appreciate a good sports bar and this a great one!
The waitstaff is welcoming and warm and the bartenders are some of the best I have encountered.
I can satisfy any craving I have from a great salad, an awesome burger to healthy chicken tacos!!
Once you go, you'll keep coming back!
I love this place!!!

1 Thank KeithSalmon

Been to Lyme Grill? Share your experiences!