“Food was fantastic, service was lousy”
Review of Bertucci's

Bertucci's
Ranked #37 of 61 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Pizza
Indianapolis, IN
“Food was fantastic, service was lousy”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This was my first visit to Bertucci's at the recommendation of my brother-in-law and I thought this was some of the best Italian food I've had in quite some time!
The hot rolls and seasoned oil was phenomenal! Usually the oil served with bread at Italian restaurants is absolutely flavorless, but this stuff was great! We also ordered the bruschetta which was out of this world! The bread was grilled to perfection and the tomatoes were not a bit sour. I ordered the brick oven pasta and it was good, but paled in comparison the appetizers. Another in my party ordered one of the brick oven pizzas and raved about it - he is a foodie, so I would believe that Bertucci's pizzas must be very good.
Atmosphere was good, but service was not great. The waitress was clearly inexperienced or simply didn't care. That was disappointing considering how good the food was. She was slow at taking drink orders and never came back to check on us after the food was served. Several of us sat with empty beverage glasses that were never refilled.
I am giving this restaurant a score of Very Good solely because the food was fantastic. Service could use some improvement - if it were better, I would have easily scored this place Excellent.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank ahanthorn

Teterboro, New Jersey
“wow...it's just not worth it”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

The pizza came out burnt
The service was slow and average.
The manager offered to comp one of the pizzas, but we just wanted to leave and get something to eat.
This is our second visit in two years. Nothing has changed.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Foodisfun77
Winsted, Connecticut
“What a shame”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We used to love going to Bertucci's--for the food and also because it's comfortable and conveniently located. The food just seems to be getting worse and worse. We went to dinner the other night, and the salmon dinner I ordered *looked* delicious. I wish it had tasted that way. The salmon--which, on closer inspection, was a strangely perfect rectangle and consistently flat (kind of what you might get at McDonald's if they served salmon)--was horribly overcooked, tough, and poorly seasoned. The new potatoes, in contrast, were completely undercooked, although also lacking in seasoning. One of the happiest aspects of summer, in my view, is the abundance of grilled asparagus. For that reason, it gives me much pain to remember the horribly overcooked asparagus they served. After two attempts, I gave up on trying to eat it. It was just awful. My daughter, who has a horrendous sweet tooth, pushed aside the raspberry-lemonade drink she'd ordered because it was sickly sweet. It's such a shame that this restaurant has gone downhill to such an extent. The one exception: the hot and delicious rolls and garlic oil. If only everything lived up to that promising starter...

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Scape1
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, United States
“Mojito Anyone?”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I ordered a mojito. It tasted like seltzer water. UGH. I mentioned to the waitress that it didn't taste right. It wasn't replaced. Otherwise, I enjoyed the salad that I ordered. Maybe the bartender was on vacation and the waitress who made the drink was clueless. Anyway, I won't be ordering a mojito from this place again.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RuthR655
Los Angeles, California
“make Bertucci's your restaurant-of-choice”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

a great place to go- especially for lunch when the prices are at their best! the lunch special of salad, soup, rolls, and entree can fill you up for the whole day, so be prepared to eat. friendly staff- dave, the manager is onhand to chat and make sure that everyone is happy.
you will truly like this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014

Been to Bertucci's? Share your experiences!