“Great place for lunch/dinner”
Review of Max a Mia

Max a Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
Max a Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Max A Mia is the quintessential Italian experience in the Greater Hartford area. Featuring a traditional Italian menu, Max A Mia also utilizes an authentic brick oven that produces stone pies with unmatched flavor.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

All the food is great. You can't go wrong with any dish you order. Not a place for young children. Great for friends or nice for a business get together. we visit 3-4 times a month and now that the weather is getting nicer, we will want to sit outside to eat.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a fine place for lunch or dinner. The food is always fresh and well prepared. I would be comfortable with almost anything on the menu. So why only a 3.5? To start, I am not a fan of the pizza. It is all right, but as a pizza snob, it should be fantastic to be included on the menu of this kind of restaraunt - upscale and on the expensive side. Also, you can get pasta dishes there - also decent enough, but similar to many pasta peddling restaraunts with plenty of sauces and cheeses and flavors.

As a child, I grew up frequenting restaraunts like this. They were pizza places that serrved pasta and main dishes, maccaroni restarurants that also served pizza and other dishes or a "regular" restaurants that also served pizza and pasta. I think I would like this place better if it did not remind me of those places. On the bright side, discounting my hang-up I mentioned, this place can satisfy lots of different pallets in one place. Give it a try and I imagine you will like it better than I do.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Ok, does not compare to max downtown. Needs more choices and a better atmosphere. Has a cattle to market feel.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We went to Max A Mia last Saturday night with our friends from Maryland . I specifically told our friends that you can't go wrong with any of the Max restaurants and since we are Avon residents, it was nice to take them to one of our local favorites. I made an 8:30 reservation. We got there and it was packed. We were told it would only be ten minutes or so. Well, it turned out to be almost 9:30 before we were finally seated. I understand it was a Saturday and it was Restaurant Week. However, that is a ridiculous amount of time to wait when we HAD a reservation. The manager said he'd take care of us once we were finally seated. Well, that didn't happen! He never checked on us at all. We did have a great waiter and we finally got our food after ten o'clock. What a shame, especially when this is one of our favorite places.I had to keep telling our friends that it usually is so much better. I'd like to continue to frequent Max A Mia, but I may have second thoughts now. I rarely complain about anything , but this was unfortunate. Our food was good, but I hope in the future, we would be compensated in some way for such a long delay.

1  Thank Ct03traveller
DantePaul, Manager at Max a Mia, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello,
My name is Dante Cistulli. I was the manager last Saturday night, at Max A Mia. I just wanted to reach out to you regarding your poor experience. First of all, I would like to express my deepest apologies that I never made it to your table. I must be honest with you about last weekend. Last Saturday was sort of the kick off for our busy season. Lots of people came in and unfortunately most of them had to wait way too long. I pride my self on table presents and great customer service. I put out a lot of fires last weekend and the truth is, I completely forgot to stop at your table AND look at your check before it was presented. I hold my self completely accountable for this. Theirs no excuse, but I wanted you to know the truth.
I was happy to read in your review that you come here often and enjoyed your stops at Mia thus far. As a regular patron you know this type of experience is not our status-quo. I value your business and wish to invite your party back for the visit you anticipated originally. Please call me direct @ 860-256-5473 or email @ dcistulli@maxamiaristorante.com.
I can assure you, I will take care of you as promised.
Thank you for your communication, I look forward to speaking with you.

Respectfully,

Dante Paul Cistulli III
Manager
Max A Mia Avon, CT.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This place has been my favorite go to "special occasion place" with my family. I LOVE their sauces and don't even get me started with their breads with the roasted garlic spread. The wine selection is nice and the people are very friendly. No matter what you order is wonderful. Two of my favorites involve a carbonara, and their scallops. Their steak is pretty fantastic too!

Been to Max a Mia? Share your experiences!