“Italian Fare”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Where Route 44 meets Route 10
Reviewed February 24, 2019

We’ve eaten here many times and prefer lunch over dinner because of excessive noise.
The appetizer DaCapo Chips (fried zucchini slices with a cucumber yogurt dip) is a must try. We generally order the veal and chicken parmigiana and are never disappointed. A moderate priced neighborhood restaurant. The service has always been excellent.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

I previously reviewed Da Capo in December 2014 and gave them a pretty positive review and 5 stars with my only complaint being how loud the restaurant is. In the last four years I’ve been to Da Capo probably 20 times including last weekend.

Da Capo is very popular and consistently crowded. It has earned a reputation for great food and accommodating service.

However I think their popularity has come at a cost. The overall experience at Da Capo is substantially lessened by how crowded and loud it is. It is difficult to hold a conversation because the noise levels are so high. Servers are not as attentive or relaxed in their presentation because it is so busy and they have so many guests to take care of. Even if servers haven’t rushed us through our meal, the many people waiting for a table 10 feet away from us have. I get the feeling that the kitchen is less accomodatjng with individual requests because of how busy the restaurant is. Food quality, while still very good, has lost something from what it once was. Managers used to bring, unsolicited, a free piece of cake- no longer.

To me, it appears that Da Capo is struggling to manage the large volume of business I’m presuming it is doing. Unfortunately, I feel that in it’s success that something has been lost and that Da Capo has been diminished. I’ll still go to Da Capo but it won’t be my first choice. Max a Mia, across the street, offers an overall better experience.

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Love this place, but I need to nit pick. I had my heart set on the chopped clams with whole clams over linguine. I love this dish and so few seem to offer the "chopped" part!
So finally chopped clams in the sauce finally right? Wrong...none.
Great flavor like I said, but don't say chopped clams if you don't put any in the dish please!
Other than that my sweet wife's risotto was great and we had a great time, sorry to nit pick. Change the description for us people.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

When at Da Capo's we are always seated promptly and the hosts are right there to make sure all is as you like it . The food is wonderful and too much to eat in one sitting! It has a pub kind of feel and in the summer you can eat outside on the deck. Our family loves going here for dinner or lunch too. The staff is very accommodating and and the place is always busy and fun! there are 2 separate rooms next to one another and one has a nice bar...

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2018

Da Capo's continue to provide outstanding Italian food for lunch or dinner. The atmosphere is wonderful, and quiet, and the service is always great. Any pasta meal is recommended. You can't lose.

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Da Capo Restaurant? Share your experiences!