“Wonderful Dinner”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The service was outstanding, menu very interesting, our meal excellent, and their specialty martini's are incredible. The atmosphere is lively and loud. We enjoyed the whole experience and will definitely return. Great place!

There are newer reviews for Crave

Reviewed February 27, 2014

What a wonderful surprise to find such a trendy, cozy, authentic, and fun Spanish restaurant in downtown Ansonia!! I am married to a Spaniard and have been to many Spanish restaurants both here in the U.S. and in Spain. I was beyond impressed at the tapas and meal options - they are very authentic (not Mexican or South American dishes as you find in most "Spanish" restaurants here in CT). And the sangria is excellent - definitely split a pitcher with friends!! The service was very accommodating and friendly! Have been several times now and can't wait to go back!! Highly recommend!

1  Thank ljp2704
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We live very local to this restaurant and have been hearing about it for some time. My husband knew I was wanting to try it, so he took me there recently for my birthday. We had reservations, and it was a good thing because they were definitely needed! Tables and chairs are cozily close, but were not so close that my less than tiny rear has problems navigating to our seats. Service was acceptable given the busyness of the restaurant on this night, and we were in no hurry. We began with Camarones Diablo, which were SO yum, and Croquetas de Yuca, which were different but rather bland. The dipping sauce was delicious and very spicy, though! I had an Ensalata Cesar which was flavorful. My husband ordered a New York Strip for his entrée and is still raving about it being one of the best steaks he's ever had. I very much enjoyed my Risotto Del Mar. The shellfish was perfectly cooked and there was such a large portion I got to enjoy it again the next day for lunch! If you are a cilantro lover like me you'll think you died and went to heaven when you have their cilantro butter on their perfectly warmed and delicious bread. Worth the calories! I find that many restaurants don't live up to the hype, and was so glad that Crave did!

1  Thank CEFitch
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a great choice for a couple or small group who want an unusual menu, with great cocktails, in a classy atmosphere. Don't let the address fool you; it is not what you would expect in an economically challenged downtown Ansonia.
You can have 2 or 3 tapas, and be filled, of get a tapas and a main course. My favorite is the dates/goat cheese/bacon tapas.
This was my third time here in the past 6 months, and my review applies equally to all three visits.
Get a reservation, since it will be filled at prime times.

1  Thank JohnW1959
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my second time at Crave. The food is amazing. I had paella. Seafood was fresh and the mix of favors delicious. My husband had a short rib special. Ans has been talking about it since. The portions are generous we both had significant leftovers. The ambiance is perfect. A little funky. I highly recommend this for any occasion