“Nice surprise”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were looking for a quick place to eat for lunch and my friends had eaten at the one In Phoenix and said that one was good. I, being a snob, figured it was in a mall so it was probably mediocre. The calamari was tender and succulent, the pulled pork sandwich was the best I've ever had, the chicken California sandwich was melt-in-your-mouth cheesy, the onion twists or whatever (curly, thin onion rings) I could eat all day--crisp and light, the home fries were crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, coleslaw had great flavor (I would've used smaller and thinner pieces of cabbage) and the spinach-artichoke dip was yummy, if a bit too thin. Service was superb. My friends enjoyed the beer special. I think the prices were a bit much however.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We picked up lunch to-go today; they told me it'd take 20 minutes before pick up- I arrived 30 minutes later and still had to wait. I waited 5 minutes before anyone ever helped me at the to-go counter.

Food was great, however. Excellent grilled chicken salad!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We always stop here when we are in the neighborhood and starving. Well, we never really starve but this is one of those places where you will receive more food than you can possibly eat. The parmesan encrusted chicken is my favorite- the steamed broccoli is good and the mashed potatoes are good (a little gluey). My husband is a burger and fries guy and loves their burgers. Hit or miss on the service- sometimes attentive and sometimes asleep at the wheel.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Feel like a light meal or snack? Want a full dinner with cocktails? Just a beer and watch sports games on large screen TV's? Classy atmosphere? This place has it all. We have been to BJ's several times and always find it perfect for a quick meal alone or with friends. Many families visit here too, a casual bar atmosphere with a summer patio. There are many large screen TVs on the wall. Plenty of tables so usually get seated fairly quickly. I love to go there when I want just an appetizer and salad, they have many slections to choose from. My husband likes their burgers. Drinks are fun, and a wide slection of beer. We brought friends there recently and they were amazed at the large slection of items, full meals, fish, beef, chicken, also small pizzas, fried artichokes, whatever you like, it's here.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a small family get together. Everyone had great choices from their wonderful menu! We had wonderful service!