“Great All-You-Can-Eat Sushi”

Ranked #21 of 804 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Description: $23.95 all you can eat sushi for dinner. All items are made fresh and are of outstanding quality. Best Sushi in the Denver Metro area.
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We went to Sushi Katsu with 7 hungry sushi fans for a birthday gathering. Thankfully they took reservations and thankfully we got there early! This place gets PACKED!
Some advice: bogo beer, sake and wine 5-7 p.m., there is a specific menu for the all-you-can-eat deal but for a few extra bucks you can add anything you'd like, the special menu also includes several appetizers and non-sushi items, get there early to avoid waiting, order as much as you think you can handle right away, and eat all you order. I provide this advice because I'm the kind of sushi eater that will order one or two rolls at a time and then decide on the next order. If you take this path you will be frustrated and hungry! This place is super busy in the evening and the chefs and staff are hopping! Place a big order and all your drinks right away, you'll be happy you did. We had nearly every roll and 1/2 of the appetizers all of which were fantastic. We asked for rolls to be made without cucumber and there wasn't a single piece in the MORE THAN 100 pieces we ordered. Some standouts: 911 roll, yellow brick roll, yellowtail and scallion roll, volcano roll, creamy jalapeno, and calamari tempura.
Although I live over an hour away from SK I'll be back!
Our server was overwhelmed but there were 2 people, presumably the owners, (short and very kind woman and tall man) who ensured we were WELL taken care of and the b-day girl got a special fried green tea ice cream treat!
Is this an ocean to table restaurant? no, we're landlocked. But, the quality is good and worth the money!

Reviewed December 20, 2009

I've had Sushi in many western states and this one is in the top 5. But what make it even better is you can walk away full and only pay $15 for lunch or $24 for Dinner. The basic rolls are not that impressive but the sashimi is very good.

Reviewed October 8, 2008

GET THE HAVANNA ROLL!
I stumbled upon this place by accident, and I can't tell you how fortunate I feel.
I have only been eating sushi for eight years now, but am crazy about it, and have been to every reputable sushi spot in town...
Sonada's, sushi hon, sushi den... I always thought they were about the same and represented the best of what was available, until I came across this place.
I have taken three friends there on three different occasions, and all they do is ask when we're going back.

Best sushi in town? This is it. Go see for yourself.
What do you have to lose?

Speaking honestly, and from a desire to see this business thrive, so I don't have to find a new place :-)

2  Thank bmoney13
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This place was surprisingly good. The fish was fresh and some of the rolls were innovative.

Reviewed March 16, 2008

After moving to Denver from Florida more than a year ago I have been on a mission to find sushi like what I was used to on the coast. My search is over.

The staff is friendly and the sushi chefs have talent and creativity. The sushi menu is the largest in variety as well as the types of fish offered that I've found in this area. I found both my favorite roll and tuna tataki that I have been searching for and couldn't find at any of the top sushi restaurants in town.

The food was phenomenal, atmosphere pleasant, staff very welcoming, and the preparation and creative presentation is top of the line. (You know you are at a good ethnic restaurant when half of the dinners are of that ethnicity.)

We sat at the sushi bar and watched the chef create fruit sculptures for diners. He made a panda from an orange and a peacock from and apple for a table with kids. He also shaped our wasabi like a jalapeño pepper and topped it with a real pepper stem.

We will return very soon as this restaurant has definitely earned our admiration. Katsuya only opened 5 months ago so don't over look this new addition!

1  Thank kpcloud9