“Best Mexican food. Great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Lucerito
Ranked #214 of 715 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Best Mexican food. Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I LOVED this restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was great. It's a family owned business and I felt like part of the family. I have eaten here many times but on this visit had them cater a party in their restaurant. It was wonderful!! Variety of choices and all delicious!! Our party of 25 all enjoyed the food and the service. This is a must visit restaurant!!

Gainesville, Florida
“Can't Recommend It”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were there with a party of 13 family members. We had to wait about 20 minutes for our table, standing up, dodging other diners as they were leaving. After we were finally seated it probably took 15 minutes to get our drink order in and then another 10 to get the drinks. One of the party had raved about the food, especially the burrito. I opted to share chicken fajitas. It took at least 20 minutes to get the food, during which time we were never offered another beverage or even more water. My fajitas, although nice and hot, were flavorless with a few peppers and onions on a sparse helping of chicken. I didn't try the burrito, but it was smothered in cheese. Looked like more cheese than burrito. I guess the highlight of the meal was the Sopapilla which we shared. I would not go back here.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We chose El Lucerito because the reviews on Tripadvisor have never steered us wrong - we were very disappointed. First, the location on Peoria is no longer there - there is a sign stating they have moved. The staff was very friendly, but there were not enough employees to severice the customers. The waitresses were also making the drinks.
The food was just OK. The tortilla chips were from a bag, and were stale. To get fresh chips you must request and pay for them separately. Needless to say, we won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
“They don't miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Have been a Lucerito loyalist for years. The Peoria/Parker location just closed due to the landlord's lack of interest in maintaining the building but the Iliff/Chambers location is open and worth the trip!

Literally everything on the menu is outstanding, try the Carne Asada or the Rellenos for starters!

Prices are very reasonable, service is classic family owned business style.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BillMDenver
Denver, Colorado
“You'll love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I have been going here for years and I think it is one of the best Mexican Restaurants anywhere! I always get the Carne Asada and it is never disappointing! The staff is always great!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jake E

Been to El Lucerito? Share your experiences!