“Great service with good breakfast selection”

Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We attended my niece's wedding and first time in Denver. Hotel was just 15 mins from Denver airport and it's easy to find. Good price, hotel personnel were courteous and nice. Breakfast selection was good and free. Hotel was clean. They even allow us to use the breakfast area when our friend's family and ours decided to have some late night snack together. We also had some free beverages when we signed up for their rewards program. Pleasant stay during our whole week's stay. I recommend this place :).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place Denver Airport! We are so delighted that we could provide a great stay and meeting place for your family! Thank you so much for your kind words about our breakfast and facilities, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel at least 4 different times and we will continue to return. We use their stay and fly plan. They will shuttle you to the airport and pick you up. The breakfast is wonderful in the mornings and the room is quite. My children enjoy the swimming pool. It is fairly big and always warm. The people who work there are helpful and always happy to assist.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for Hyatt Place Denver Airport. We are delighted to hear that you continue to have great stays wtih us, and we cannot express how much your recommendation means to us! Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast, pool and staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Needed to stay near the airport and was disappointed with the Hyatt Place. The room was old as was the rest of the hotel. It appears they are updating as there was renovation work going on in the floor above mine as I heard it for the first hour I was at the hotel. My room decor seemed used and not up to the traditional Hyatt Place that I have stayed at in the past. Their location is ideal as it is about 8 miles from the airport and there are a lot of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Denver Airport. I am sorry to hear that our rooms fell below your standards. We are renovating currently, and would love to see you back to view the final product! Thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here In jan for one night on transit via Denver airport. Waited for about one hour for the hotel shuttle which was not a great start but situation was recovered very well by Adrian at reception with apologies and complimentary refreshments.
The rooms and public areas need some overdue refurbishment and brightening up which I understand will start in Feb. We ate in the bar reception area a very acceptable meal. I personally liked the room layout but agree the bathroom is very small. Inclusive breakfast excellent for my taste.
For the price this was a reasonable airport area stopover with excellent staff. When refurbished it should hopefully rate a good rating rather than average.

Room Tip: High floor seemed quite enough.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Denver Airport. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with our staff, as well as our Gallery Dining. I'm so sorry for the issue with the shuttle and thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Adrian as well. we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

we had many out of town folks arriving in Denver, CO for a quarterly meeting and we chose the Hyatt Place for it location next to the DIA airport. the rooms were great the meeting space was wonderful, and the food was varied and delicious. but most of all the team of people that took care of us was top-notch. Renee, Tracy, Susan, Adrian and the rest of the team were fantastic. they took care of very thing that came up, which were few, because they are so good at thinking ahead about what their clients might need. Renee even handled a need I had, to get to downtown Denver for a short trip. overall we expect to return to the Hyatt Place at the Denver airport again for our out of town meeting location. a great place a great location, very close to fine dinning, and a great team of folks to make your stay warm and comfortable.

Room Tip: we had 20+ rooms and nobody had a bad one. none of our meeting people complained about a thing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us at the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with us. I am so glad that our staff made such a great impression on you and that you recognized them by name. We look forward to when you'll travel back to Denver and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at Hyatt Place for business and really like this hotel. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is great and there is always a fresh pot of coffee available. The property is modern and even has a nice little bar if you need one. There is not a lot in the hotel to keep you entertained outside of the room but if you need a place to stay, this is a good one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Denver Airport. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us, and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and breakfast!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Here is my assessment of the Hyatt Place Denver Airport - with the exception of 1 employee that shall go nameless, I was treated very well at this hotel. The GM was AWESOME - so friendly and down to earth and the AGM was also the same way. The other mgrs and front desk staff too were nice.

However and this is a BIG HOWEVER - I stayed only 1 night and the internet at this hotel ranks imo as the WORST I HAVE SEEN IN A HOTEL in all of 2013(and I am on the road over 300 nights).

Echoing the sentiment of the previous recent reviewer, it literally took 3-5 minutes to load a simple webpage like yahoo.com for example. Playing a youtube video was basically impossible. Heck I tried to download a 50 mb file on itunes which on average should take about 4 minutes. It took 38 minutes!!!!

I called down to the front desk and they suggested I call internet support - 1st call I was transferred to a guy in Poland who spoke broken english and hung up on me. Second call was transferred to someone in California who said they don't have 24 hr tech support. UM, WHAT????? After expressing my displeasure to the front desk agent, she suggested that she reset the router and maybe that would help. I waited over 30 minutes for her to do that(when she said she would do it immediately) and it wasn't helpful at all.

When I spoke to David(the AGM) about it the next day, he told me that something was down at the hotel which is what caused the "slowness" and it was fixed. Unfortunately, based on another reviewer from a few days ago, I truly believe that nothing was "down" - it is just a hotel that has not felt the need to upgrade their bandwidth from the 2008-2010 era. Please Hyatt Place, there are MANY MORE DEVICES OUT THERE NOW EATING UP YOUR BANDWIDTH AND IF YOU DO NOT WANT GUESTS TO EXPERIENCE EXTREME FRUSTRATION BECAUSE A WEBPAGE TAKES 5 MINUTES TO LOAD - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

I will be in Denver for a few days in the 2nd week in January and initially had plans to stay again at the Hyatt Place Denver airport. Unfortunately, until the mgmt decides to fix this issue and upgrade their provider, bandwidth and technical support - I will be finding another hotel to stay at with at least an average internet speed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PittPoker

Thank you for your review of your stay at Hyatt Place Denver Airport. I am so sorry for the issues you encountered with our internet and that it was not resolved while you were with us. Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.