“Love this Hyatt!”

Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The title says it all. We've been coming here for years whenever we are flying out of the Denver Airport in the morning. It's $79 for a king room and for an additional $15 you get parking for at least a week. No need to pay by the day for DIA long-term parking! The shuttle to and from the airport is free and we've always had extremely friendly drivers. Typical Hyatt, the rooms are modern, comfortable, and clean with nice, big flat screen T.V.s. There are some great restaurants close by and I highly recommend the Urban Sombrero right across the street.

We will continue coming here as long as they provide such great services at an affordable price. We just love it. Also, the British guy who works the front desk (Andre?) is fantastic. All front desk staff should take a cue from this guy! He's just as friendly and helpful on the phone as he is in person.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColoradoDoug
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. I am so glad that Adrian made such a great impression with you, we are truly lucky to have on our staff. I have shared your kind comments with all of the staff. We look forward to your next stay with us as well!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel greatly exceeded our expectations. My husband and I had an early flight out of Denver and made a reservation for a king room the day before we needed to stay there. The hotel was very accomodating and is near the airport. Our room was very clean, spacious, and the bed/linens were very comfortable. The room had a very large corner sofa, breakfast nook, small kitchenette, and large TV. The bathroom vanity was outside the door to toilet/shower area, which was a little odd, but gave us more space to get ready. We were expecting a room with a bed, so we were impressed. We were not able to partake in the free hot/cold breakfast because of our flight time, but we agreed this was also a plus. The only negative is that our room was across from the ice machine, so we heard "clunks" of ice falling throughout the night. As we were a last minute booking, we didn't complain. Great hotel, great service, very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dyar04
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for going out of your way to write this review of the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. We were so happy to hear that you enjoyed so much about your stay. I have also passed along the note of the ice machine to my maintenance department so that they may address the issue. We look forward to serving you the next time you’re in the Denver area.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Due to flight delays, I was getting into DEN at around midnight, so I decided to change my hotel stay in downtown with the first night by the airport, given that I will just want to go to sleep. Supershuttle stops running at 11pm from DEN (which is odd) and I didn't want to wait the additional 45 minutes or so to get downtown, so this made a lot of sense.

When I arrived in DEN a little past midnight, I thankfully called the Hyatt Place instead of just waiting in the hotel shuttle area, as their shuttle apparently stops running at midnight. Thankfully the front desk agent was able to get the driver Alvin to come pick me up, who was very gracious and helpful in terms of offering advice about the surrounding neighborhood. While I was annoyed that it took almost half an hour for the shuttle to come, it made for an enjoyable ride to hear him talk about moving to Denver and get his take on highlights of the city.

Check-in was a breeze, but the room was just in bad shape. It was so late that I just wanted to go to sleep, so I didn't care that the room had a musky smell. The pillows were rather hard and the mattress was uncomfortable, which made for a bad night of sleep. I've indicated to HGP quite a few times that I am a light sleeper, as slipping the invoice under the door would wake me up. I was too tired to mention this to the front desk and of course this happened and I had a very bad night of sleep. I don't fault the hotel for this, but the facilities of the room was just not very well-kept. I was dismayed by how dirty the shower stall was that I didn't take a shower in the morning when I left the hotel, given that I was going to be moving to the Hyatt by the Convention Center.

I went downstairs for breakfast and was stunned at how crowded it was for a Saturday morning at 8:30am. I was stunned to see that this was a hotel filled with many large families, as there were probably 8-10 families with 2-4 kids each hanging around in the lobby. I could barely find a seat, so I grabbed a few items and moved back into my room. I then quickly packed up and checked out at around 9:15am.

To my surprise, the hotel shuttle to the airport was full, as I did not "sign up" for the shuttle (which sounds so odd to me that there is a sign-up process for the shuttle and I should have been warned about this the night before, given that I was staying for one night and came in from the airport shuttle). Fortunately, one of the guest was kind enough to have his sister sit on his lap to make room for me, so I was able to get into the full shuttle.

I've only stayed at a few Hyatt Places and I have to admit that I have not been pleased by any of them. The Hyatt Place is right next to the Hilton Garden Inn, Aloft and the Residence Inn by Marriott. If I need to stay by the DEN airport again, I think I will try one of these other hotels.

Like I said, the staff is very nice, but it is a super crowded hotel and not a very well-kept one. It was priced very reasonably, but so are most of the hotels in DEN. In fact, the price differential between the Hyatt Place and my full-service stay at the Hyatt Denver by the Convention Center is about $20.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank awc4
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet expectations. I have shared your review with our General Manger so that we may address the issues that you brought up. I also wanted to thank you for mentioning Alvin by name, I encourage all of our staff to make lasting impressions on our guest and I am so please that Alvin was able to with you. Thank you for all of your time.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hyatt Place Denver Airport has always provided a great experience for this traveler. From the innovative check in process to the very clever breakfast presentation, it makes for a positive hotel experience. The rooms offer a smart "two zone" layout with lots of seating options, desk space and a separate sleeping space. The amenity level as well as TV and computer access options are very well developed. While the chief mission for this location is in support of the airport traveller it also works well for anyone with business in the eastern half of the Denver metro area. Several good restaurant chain options within easy walking distance, our favorite being Teds' in an adjoining location next to this HPlace.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CVTY
Renee D, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review about the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. We are delighted that you liked the set up the rooms and the other amenities offered. We look forward to serving you again when you're in the Denver area!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We heard a snowstorm was coming into Denver on the day of our flight so we booked a room at the last minute and drove up from Colorado Springs the night before our travel day. From start to finish, our stay was wonderful. Parking was convenient, Alvin was cheerful and friendly, the check-in area was cozy and welcoming and our room was clean and comfortable. We loved how the shower and toilet were in a separate area from the sink and that there was plenty of counter space. There were several dinner restaurants nearby to choose from and the complimentary breakfast was perfectly done. The shuttle service to the airport even ran during the snowstorm that came in as predicted! We left our car at the hotel and were picked up by the shuttle with no wait time after returning to DIA. We will definitely stay at this Hyatt Place again. Great job!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. I am so happy that Alvin was here to provide you with such wonderful service that you mentioned him by name. I have passed along your comments to all of my management staff to congratulate him. We look forward to serving you again when you're back in the Denver area.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here the night before an early flight out of Denver. What a great value! Wonderful style/decor, excellence service and a surprisingly top-notch complimentary breakfast. Standard room was more like a suite with a sitting area in addition to bedroom area. A nice touch were the vouchers offered by Alvin at the front desk for area restaurants that gave us a free appetizer. We were also able to leave our car at the hotel and take their free shuttle to/from the Denver airport (15 min away)...only $20 to leave our car there for up to 14 days, FAR cheaper than parking at the airport!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with staff. I am so delighted that Alvin was here to make your stay wonderful. That is what we strive for every time. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

From check in to check out this place is great! The young women at the front desk were among the nicest and most informative I have encountered! Rooms were huge with comfy beds and very clean. The breakfast buffet in the morning was great! Not just traditional items but a few things that set them apart. The only bummer was the airport shuttle took 30 minutes to pick up my son otherwise I would have given 5 stars! The Mexican restaurant across the street had great food and great margaritas!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about the Hyatt Place Denver Airport. Your referral is our biggest compliment, especially when it addresses customer service. We look forward to serving you again when you're in the Denver area

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Aloft Denver International Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
4 mi away
HYATT House Denver Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Denver Airport? Share your experiences!