“Surpising value”

Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Colorado
“Surpising value”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I played with Hotwire on my last 4 trips this fall and managed to land this hotel on three of them. Without doubt, this is the best-value hotel on the DIA service area.

The rooms are most striking--very interesting layout with sitting room/desk area partially separated by walls to the bedroom, and an angular entry to a roomy bathroom. Very nice, large flat-screen TV is situated such that it can pivot for easy viewing from either room, and the TVs are set up for full interface with your PC, camcorder, etc--a nice touch for business travellers or those with gaming kids.

Rooms are very quiet--you don't have issues with noise from the hallway or from adjacent rooms.

Showers have excellent water pressure and deliver plenty of hot water. Beds are comfortable and they provide a lot of pillows as standard fare, so for those who are fans of fluffy pillows and/or multiple pillow sleep, you don't have to go begging.

Staff are very courteous and most helpful with arranging shuttle service, wake-up calls, additional amenity needs, etc. Check out is a breeze and I've never had a problem with billing.

Breakfast is nice, but can be a bit crowded at times and tough to find seating since it is all part of a foyer/front desk area.

The best part for my convenience is the free shuttle and parking. You avoid the headache and expense of airport parking by staying here and leaving your vehicle on the premises. Shuttles run every 45 minutes, the drivers are courteous and on-schedule, and I've noted on several occasions that they will go out of their way to pick you up at the airport to get you back to the hotel, rather than making you wait for the next shuttle.

Even at the "normal" rates, this place is a good deal. If you get lucky on Hotwire, it's a steal.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Natrona County
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place on a park & fly rate the night before we flew out. We arrived to check in and learned the shuttle to the airport is on a 45 minute schedule. We scheduled to ride a half hour before we really needed to instead of 15 minutes later than we were totally comfortable with doing. We also heard the front desk explaining that the 4 A.M. and 4:45 shuttles were already full. They were trying to make arrangements but it would definitely be to your advantage to schedule the shuttle after you book the room. The room was nice. A little difficult to find a place for open luggage that was out of the way. The bathroom was small but clean & nicely renovated. The vanity/sink area was nice but directly across from the beds in our room. Hard for spouse to sleep when I was drying my hair in the a.m. Except for doors that did not close quietly in the halls, we did not experience a noise issue and we were on the front of the hotel. We do use our travel white noise machine in hotels and I highly recommend this option. I know people were leaving much earlier than us but we were not disturbed. The breakfast area is very nice but also small. There was the usual fare and also breakfast sandwiches and what looked like a breakfast pizza. Nicely chilled juice in pitchers instead of a machine and plenty of ceramic dishes available. Our full shuttle was on time and quickly delivered us to DIA. On our return we called the hotel for the shuttle as soon as we had our luggage. It was going to be a 25 - 30 minute wait and it was a solid 30 something minutes. Discouraging as we saw several shuttles from other hotels go by twice in that time period we waited. So that is what you might want to consider if you are not lucky enough to hit the shuttle schedule more closely. We still had a several hours drive in front of us so were anxious to hit the road.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Florida, USA
Reviewed January 2, 2012

First do not expect a Hyatt experience. This is really in between a Hilton Garden Inn and a Homewood Suites. The best part is the contemporary feel to the furniture and ambience. Also the breakfast is quite nice though it is hard to find a place to sit. However the overall concept does not really gel. For example the furniture is really flimsy. Also some of the basics are missing such as a night stand next to the bed. Instead you have a flat plank in the middle of the 2 beds. Further to provide the sitting area, the beds have been sized down a lot, there is little room to navigate between the bed and the heating unit. Nor do you have the convenience of a suite. The mini refrigerator is switched off and so it really has an unpleasant odor, the microwave was missing in our suite and there are no dishes. So the concept still needs to evolve -- it is a small sleeping area with a half hearted attempt to make it into a suite albiet with modern look and feel to the furniture that is flimsy and low quality such as the apartment stuff you find at IKEA

Room Tip: Do not go for the 2 bed option. The beds are really small.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Southern California
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights on the 1st part of my trip and came back on the last night before flying out. Can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful, especially Young and Kaira. The hotel is clean and in a good location considering there's not much to see or do in Aurora. There's some bathroom renovation work according to the staff but I didn't really notice it on the day that I stayed in. I did ask for the room with a completed bathroom renovation. The room is spacious and nicely furnished. The complimentary breakfast is continental style so don't expect anything grand. It's enough to get you going in the morning. I paid around $70 per night which is a great deal. I will definitely plan to stay here again if I'm back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the front facing E. 40th. If not, you'll hear some of the cars ea...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed December 5, 2011

First when we got to the lobby, it is set up very customer friendly. No large counter up high and distant from the service. Very comfortable setting. The offered my wife and I a tour of the place, but we declined as we were going to bed early to catch a 6 AM flight. Since we were leaving so early and would miss the complementary Bfast, they offered (at no charge) a goody-bag to take with us when we left. At 4:10 am we checked out and gave us our bags right away.. Wow.. very effecient and quick. The location is great for going to the rental car drop off and airport. Lay out of the room was very nice. I wish all rooms were this nice and accomidating. A refrig in the room, large sofa, desk and more. Price was wonderful, as I got it on Priceline. Parking was no problem. The surrounding area has several cheap or mid-priced resturants, as well as 2 or 3 gas stations to fill up the rental car for cheaper gas than near the rental car return. We would definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: Get your rental car gas nearby, with good directions from staff.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AttorneyinGeorgia
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I would like to recommend this hotel to anyone. very nice friendly staff and excellent service. definitely i will stay in this one. free breakfast was so good. everything was perfect,..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Unfortunately, I made a reservation at the Hyatt Place Denver airport. Due to my own fault, I drove to the Hyatt that was close to the airport on Tower Road and found out that my reservation was at the Hyatt Place on I-70, not the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. As it was very late and we were really exhausted, I asked the Hyatt at the airport to call the Hyatt Place to ask them to tranfser the reservation over to the Tower Road location. The Hyatt Place refused to transfer my reservation, so off I went driving to the correct location. When I arrived there, they had only one room left. Someone had left the heat on high and the room had a terrible smell. The windows don't open on floors four through six, so I was left with a room that was entirely unfit for sleeping! Given the bad experience of the evening, I will be very careful in the future to be certain that I have my reservation at the correct location. Just be warned that the Hyatt Place claims to be at the Denver Airport, but in fact they are a twenty minute drive from the airport.

Room Tip: If you prefer a window that opens, be sure to ask for floors one through three!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank COSpringsTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Denver International Airport
HYATT house Denver Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Denver Airport? Share your experiences!