“Gross”

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Denver, Colorado
“Gross”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The room smelled like pee and flower spray. There was stains on both sides of the bed. my dog found gum and a used condom in the bed!!!!! We stayed in the room for 15min and went to ask for a refund, they would not refund the full amount, because we were there for 15min! The pool looks like a trash dump.I can not find the owners of that dump, I need to call the main office so if anyone has the office number it would be helpful. DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
new hope, pa
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Hey, I'm used to cheap hotels, all I expect is TV, clean Sheets hot and cold running water. Got none of these at least the wifi worked so I could book a room elsewhere. Was afraid to look on the other side of the bed. Arrived late, left early, will never ever return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We checked in here, intending to stay for one night. However once we saw our room, we asked for a refund and went elsewhere.

The room was noticeably dirty and smelled. I did not even have the guts to pull back the bedspread, and at that point I told my husband there was no way I could sleep in this room.

Not to mention, the sidewalks outside the rooms were littered with cigarette butts and 'tenants' loitering.

Too bad we didn't read the reviews first.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We have stayed at many Super 8 hotels which ranged from nice to "I've died and this is heaven" Sadly this one lets the whole company down.

Upon our arrival the front desk was busy and the guy in front inquired about the price of a room it looked like he only wanted it for a short period. That should have tipped us off. When we got to our room we found it was dirty, smelled of a mixture of perfume and an unknown musty odor. The bed was awful and very old, the sheets had seen better days.

During our two hours in the room our car attracted some very unpleasant attention from other guests and our room door handle was tried twice. The final straw was a fight between multiple guests upstairs and the two strung out "ladies of the evening" outside our room on the phone trying to purchase drugs.

We packed up and took the key to the front desk. The night clerk wasn't phased when we said we were checking out after a couple of hours...I guess they are used to that.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malc_AK
Ukiah, CA
Reviewed March 12, 2009

It smelled as if someone had used air freshener to cover the cigarette smoke used to cover the dead body. The air conditioner did not work. The phone did not work. The last straw was the mold in the bathroom and the dirty bare foot print in the bathtub. Got a new room but the pool was broken with scum on top of the water. Janitor was "on vacation" so garbage was all around. Plus, hooker was working the parking lot & taking johns up to her room. Complained to Super 8 & all I got was an offer of 20% off my NEXT stay at that Super 8! Never again!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Omaha
Reviewed December 22, 2008

My stay here at the Super 8 Aurora is nothing but terrible. I have had the
same experience as others who have left a review. The room is
filthy! The bed spread had stains on the inside and was worn
out. the carpet is filthy with cigarette burn holes(this is a non
smoking room), the mirror had something splattered all over it and the bath tub hadn't been properly cleaned for a long time. The bath
towel had a large obvious stain on it and was really disgusting.
I will avoid this Motel in the future.

• Liked — The TV was newer
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness and channel selection or lack of.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
joonsoo, Manager at Knights Inn Aurora, responded to this review, February 23, 2009
This room has since been refurnished with new case goods, bed, carpet, and linens. I am the new GM and I am intent on addressing any further issues regarding my rooms starting now. I invite any tripadvisors to experience our unbeatable value and service. See you along the way!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 8, 2008

As with one of the other reviewers, I've stayed @ quite a few Super 8's & this is BY FAR the worst. The ONLY positive thing I can say about this hotel is that it has good wireless internet access. Even as I write this review, the lights in my room are flickering. The rooms are "drive up" - accessed from the outside of the building (which isn't always bad, but more often than it's not). I'm estimating the entire room to be about 250 sq. ft., and while it appears clean, it wouldn't surprise me if it failed a blacklight inspection. As far as location is concerned, there are 3 restaurants w/in walking distance, but nothing to get excited about. Also, I'm not sure how safe the neighborhood is b/c when we pulled up @ 7:30 PM (in broad daylight), the lobby was locked & we had to use the "night check-in window". That didn't do a lot to instill confidence. I would never stay here again & wouldn't recommend it to anyone for any reason. I regret that I did not read the other reviews first...and cannot figure out why I didn't.

• Liked — Speedy internet access.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MightyClong