“BED BUGS!”

Comfort Inn Denver Southeast Area
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Found large bed bugs in both beds and pillow, killed them, full of blood. Had to pack up and leave with family and newborn baby to find another hotel in middle of night. Front desk wasn't quick to refund money, stated "I don't want to wake up my manager, he's sleeping." No apology or follow up call.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Ms303

Reviewed December 10, 2009

Comfort inn is a nice place to stay but staff at store on illif Aurora co is very poor. Ive been overseas 3 times and come to Denver to visit and find out Americans have no compassion. I stayed at this hotel because I had 1 too many drinks and did not want to drive. Coming into hotel half drunk I was asked to sign paper work, not explained to me, that requires 100 dollar deposit that states if u smoke in the room they charge u 75 dollars. I rented non smoking room because no smoking was avaliable. The rude lady at front desk found a cup with 3cigg butts in it and of course charged me 75 dollars. To the comfort inn in Aurora I hope u sleep well at night knowing u stole money from me. Asking a intoxicated man to sign paperwork to extract money from him isn't smart business. I don't exspect for comfort inn to reply because they would actually have to care. Mr. SALAZAR
Anyone looking to respond to this I can be reached at [--]

P.S. I HEAR RED LION HOTEL IS CLOSER TO DIA AND ACCEPT MILITARY PERSONEL WITH OPEN ARMS.

Reviewed June 17, 2009

This is my second time staying at this hotel. The first time was in July, 2005 (see earlier review). I booked a five-night stay via a travel website, and paid a nightly rate which was advertised at a 50% discount from the "regular" rate. I would say that the discounted rate is the fair price to pay for staying at this facility.
If you're looking for three-star or higher accomodations, look elsewhere; this is definitely not a Hyatt, Marriott or Hampton Inn. However, the staff was pleasant and helpful, the room was clean (including the bathroom/shower), and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was tasty, well-stocked, and sufficient to start the day.
The hallways, however, reek of cigarette smoke, even in sections where there are only non-smoking rooms. We also found that while our room was clean, there was a persistent musty odor, which was only worsened by turning on the wall-unit fan. With the pleasantly cool evenings, we were not interested in turning on the air conditioning, so being on the third floor, we opened the window to let in some fresh, cool Rocky Mountain air!
Rosie's Diner, which is not affiliated with the hotel but is an easy walk across the parking lot, continues to serve up delicious chow, with portion that are almost too big! However, Rosie's closes at 9:00 PM, but there are other restaurant choices very close by.
In summary, this hotel was a comfortable, quiet place in which to sleep, after long days of visiting family and touring around the area. It is definitely a "no-frills" property, which could use some maintenance attention (changing a/c filters, cleaning the coils, etc.).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2008

my husband and i stayed here in february on business trip. asked for a smoking room. now usually smoking rooms are disgusting but this one was immaculent and it even smelled nice. breakfast was wonderful too! we then came back in march about a month later and thought we couldnt get lucky again but we did. wonderfully clean rooms (this time non smoking) and wonderful service. the night audit was very friendly and when we needed to find a wal greens, hes was very detailed on directions. we will always stay here whenever we come to denver!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank elocin222
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for a week in November of 2005 and I got bitten at multiple sites by bed bugs. I got refunded the charges for the hotel, but I still want to let everyone know about this since it is so easy to transfer the bugs home in your luggage.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank irinski
Reviewed December 20, 2006

I came here in an emergency, due to the snowstorm, the rooms were reasonable and adequate. Services in the other hand, front desk could not help me on three different problems. First, could not recommend a taxi or cab service to the airport, "i have no idea". Second, wanted to know of an electronic store, once again, "I have no idea" and lastly I could not check in due to my reservation being lost, once I produced a reservation number, magically my reservation appeared within seconds. Very poor front desk.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank wsequeira
Reviewed September 5, 2006

I wanted to like this hotel. The breakfast was good. The rooms have a refrigerator & microwave. They offer rooms with 2 queen beds. Our room with a king was very large. There is a long counter in the bathroom so everyone could lay out their stuff.
There is a pc in the lobby that we used several times a day to check our email. The hotel does not have a pool.

The only thing that may keep me from staying there again next month is the loud room air conditioning unit. It woke us up as it kept going on & off during the night. On the last night, we just slept with our window open & that was ok.

The other thing about the air conditioning was that it had a funky, almost mildew smell when it ran.

There were enough good things that I will probably stay here again next month and give it another try.

Stayed: September 2006