“WORST service from hotel never stayed in”

Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed October 14, 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE!! Confirmation means nothing, you can arrive there and not have a room! Reservation was confirmed online and held with my credit card. I picked up my nephew at 4p from work, when I recieved a phone call from this hotel stating they had moved him to Cherry Creek Location. INSANE!! He has no transportation, and we specifically booked Airport location since he could walk to work from there. The agent on the phone advised me that sometimes they are overbooked. NOT MY PROBLEM. Also advised me he was not the only one moved to another location. Again, NOT MY PROBLEM. I fail to understand how you can CONFIRM a reservation, and upon checkin "after" 3pm, you have NO ROOMS?!! This was unacceptable customer service. I just retired from 29 yrs in the airline business and have NEVER experienced this situation. Its quite frustrating!! I could have gone to this hotel in the morning, anytime, all day to checkin. There should have been some disclaimer about overbookings or the possibility of NOT having a room available if checkin at 3pm..according to Hotel's policy..... I hope they improve reservation policies and STOP inconveniencing potential repeat customers!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time and energy booking this place.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had to be transferred to another hotel. Unfortunately, our hotel do get overbooked at times and we do our best to make sure to inform you in advance and accommodate you with room elsewhere.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dau@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I only stayed one night, but my experience at the Crossland Aurora was terrible. I will list reasons from my experience that contributred to my rating:
1) Show up after check-in and am told the room is not ready and to return in 20 minutes. This is excusable as it is common in any hotel. I return in about 30 minutes and am told the room is available but it didn't get a chance to have a "deep clean" and do I mind if the carpet is a "little dirty"? What choice do I have? I prepaid on a third-party site.
2) I enter the elevator corridor and am instantly greeted by a garbage-coated floor - few garbage cans desperate to be emptied.
3) Open the room door and am blasted by an absolutely putrid odor - a mix of smoke, rotten food, and cleaning product.
4) The carpet between the "kitchen" and the rest of the room is soaking wet.
5) Try to turn on the television - nothing happens. After struggling with it for a while I realize the outlet is dead. Change the outlet and it works. Barely.
6) Wifi does not work at all. When I checked in I was given a number to call "if I have any problems with the internet" - as if they expected there to be a problem. Sat for 25 minutes on hold waiting for this third party internet provider before I give up.
7) Decide to cut my losses and go to bed (with a little liquid assistance) and notice they have only provided me with a sheet, unless I was willing to use the disgusting, unwashed bed cover - no thanks.
8) Wake up freezing cold and resort to turning on the heater - cranked to "high heat" and not surprisingly...it doesn't work. Only get cold outside air.
9) few items I had in the fridge ended up frozen.
10) Insects on the ceiling all night.
11) Office didn't open at 7:00 as advertised. Waited around a little while after that so I could complain to someone but decided I'd rather just get the hell out of there.

Seriously, I've never had such a poor experience in a hotel. The only kick I got out of the place were some interesting conversations with the "characters" that live there long term. Characters indeed.
AVOID!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the only room we had available was one of the rooms that needed some work, which we don't normally rent. Unfortunately, the hotel was overbooked at that time and you were advised prior to checking in that it was the only room available. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with my team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dau@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for 30 days while working in the area
The Bad
Most uncomfortable bed ever
Crack heads in the hallway
A staff with no accountability
I turned in a leaking shower 7 times each time told they had no record
internet running at 100 Kbps slower then dial up
After checking out found my card charged an additional 166.60 (why this number even desk had no idea why)
Garbage piled in the hallway reminded me of the movie Candyman
Had to deal with incessant begging for cigarettes and a constant fear of having things stolen
The person who cleans rooms refuses to take garbage out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sparky5101
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Working in the area for a couple of weeks. Same layout as Suburban Suites. No daily cleaning. Lots of construction workers. Does have two burner stove, fridge, microwave, cable, and free Wi-Fi. Rooms don't stink or have bugs. Desk staff are great. Will be back, if working in the area. Oh, and no hookers like mist of the other area hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank andyp9360
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Andy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the front desk staff. I am pleased that the amenities of your guest room was ideal for your stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Needed a quick, cheap stay before an early morning flight out. We got cheap, but that's about it. Cat food on the floor, shower drip, smelly, and the floors smacked of movie theater floors, i.e., stained, sticky and dirty. We do not recommend!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WanJon
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that your visit was unsatisfactory. As the new General Manager, I can assure you that your concerns have been heard and addressed. I have shared your review with my team so we can make the necessary changes in our cleaning routine. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at dau@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Thank you, again!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE. Our hotel room was dirty! There was garbage on the floor from the previous guest, hair on the bathroom floor, bugs in kitchenette and the shower floor was grey with dirt. Then we got a call at 3:30 in the morning from the front desk saying they had no record of us being there and when my husband explained the situation they just hung up. When I checked my credit card records, we had been double charged. We would have been better off sleeping in the car.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saran1284
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hi there,

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the the cleanliness of the room and inadvertent charge on your credit card is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dau@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Again, thank you.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

truly scary. found 2 hairs in the shower. there were lots of tooth paste stains down the side of the wall next to the bathroom sink. the floor was heavily water stained in the bathroom. no fan in the bathroom, but that was good because the cover was rusted and full of dust. cob web in one corner above shower. one dining room chair had crumbs. only one pot and one coffee cup in the kitchen. bed covers were ancient. no blankets. thank goodness i travel with my own pillow. tv controller gummy. I survived. Only reason i stayed was I didn't want to distress my worn out hubby. If i have my own pillow, it can handle anything!

Room Tip: would stay north of the freeway next time in this area of town. even if it cost more!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andrea s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Andrea - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and throughout our hotel. In response to your comments, the housekeeping staff and I are focusing on improving our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again in the future.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dau @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.