La Quinta Inn Denver Aurora
$118
$119
$112
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleannice staywould stay againoatmealsonicpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had. I booked a room at this hotel because it was the only one I could find near the airport that still had a room available. I booked a non-smoking room. We were on an 8 hour driver from southwest Colorado and were going to arrive around midnight. At 9PM I called the hotel to tell them we would be late. They said that was no problem.

We arrived at midnight and were told that there were no non-smoking rooms left. This was the only room they had left. I was not happy, but I figured we would try to get by for a night. I have been in some smoking rooms that were not too bad. We got to the room and it absolutely reeked. We opened the doors for a while and it did not help. My 11 year old son has asthma and he could hardly breathe. He was pleading with me to let him sleep in the car.

I went to the desk and they said there were no other rooms left. I asked about nearby La Quintas or other hotels and they said they were booked. We were stuck.

We tried to sleep, but toilet in the room would start to flush by itself every 2 minutes for 10 seconds. I could not sleep so I stayed up counting the seconds between flushes. We called it 'the ghost in the toilet'.

We got up early the morning for our flight not getting any sleep. I told the manager that I had booked a non-smoking room. He said that La Quinta considers "non-smoking" a request, not a guarantee despite what it says on my receipt. I told the manager more about the problems with our room and he gave us a cut on the price. However, this was a bad night my family won't forget for a long time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank BigD777
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I were there to meet our daughter that was flying in for the weekend. They gave us adjoining rooms when we checked in. The rooms were clean, bed comfy and the location was great. Close to great shopping and many choices on where to eat. The breakfast wasn't outstanding but for the price of our stay it was a good value. The only negative was the shower and toilet were cramped although the area for getting ready was adequate. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Absolutely no complaints for lodging of this type. Excellent location. Clean. Modern. Good price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2010

We stayed at the La Quinta in on Abilene? St in Aurora for several days. I was not very impressed. The rooms were fairly clean, though ours had an unidentifiable, lingering smell. The housekeeping service was impossible to communicate with, none of the people I spoke to could understand any English. We always had to walk all the way to the front desk to get extra towels, etc. There is a pool, which was nice until we visited one day only to find a toilet plunger on the bottom. They do accept any dogs, which is a big plus in my book, we had a rottweiller and a bloodhound staying with us. Lots of restruants within walking distance.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank RebekahW4
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed here with my teenage son for one night before flying out of denver International. Entry to the room is directly from the outside - we were lucky and got parked quite close to our door. The room was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was ok but it was incredibly busy.
The desk staff were very helpful. When I asked where to find a Post Office the man on the desk printed me out a map and directions.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family